Darkest Hours of Wealth (opeth/darkest hour)

end_of_an_era

New Metal Member
Jan 27, 2006
Well well N.Z is spoilt for choice all of a sudden. I've slightly mislead with the title, however no-one seems to know what's going on with Opeth's support act for their Auckland show.
Hailing from Washington, D.C, Darkest Hour will be a great warm up for Opeth. A litmus test. It will be a good chance to see how metal music's exposure is in N.Z.. Darkest Hour have released a recent album called Undoing Ruin, and from what i've listened to, it truly shreds. They've toured with God Forbid, Dillinger Escape Plan. Ticket prices are bargain price, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Darkest Hour embraced for this act by getting a few great crowds.

I'm really hoping April comes around soon. Can't we swap March with April?! Darkest Hour will rip Wellington a new ass**** and Opeth will probably just destroy Auckland's skytower to a matchstick. :tickled:

DARKEST HOUR
The "G'Day, Dudes!" Tour

Thu Apr 20th - Wellington, New Zealand @ The Valve ... with Tubuku, Damaged, Gomorrah
Fri Apr 21st - Hamilton, New Zealand @ The Meteor
Sat Apr 22nd - Auckland, New Zealand @ Ellen Melville Hall
Sun Apr 23rd - Auckland, New Zealand @ Kings Arms

I own the first album of theirs, "Hidden Hands of a Sadist Nation." and it is pretty good. Very fast and thrashy. Them and Opeth seems like a pretty odd pairing but a good show none the less.

Yeah but you've misunderstood me. Darkest Hour are not playing at the Opeth show, I was implying that the Darkest Hour tour ( a week before Opeth ) will be a good warm up for Opeth.
Darkest Hour's first album I can't remember, but theres Mark Of The Judas, then So Sedated, So Secure, then Hidden Hands Of A Sadist Nation, then Undoing Ruin. They've been around for 10 years apparently.

I just read my first post, and I suppose I didn't make it clear that Darkest Hour was a separate tour. My bad. I know Sigur Ros plays Auckland in April as well, that'd be a show and a half.

martyrs_price said:
Who else is touring with Darkest Hour and is the Opeth show going to have any opening acts that you know of??

Darkest Hour is playing a tour right now with Himsa, The Acacia Strain and A Life Once Lost.

if you meant playing with them and Opeth, then I have no clue.

Oh man, that sounds like a good tour. I think all of those bands are pretty awesome, especially Himsa. And with the Opeth thing, the thread poster said Opeth wasn't playing with Darkest Hour, I was just wondering who Opeth will be playing with when he sees them.

Martyr's price,
I just realised you weren't from N.Z. We have got no information on the opening act for Opeth. Left in the dark. Cold by winter (a new zealand band) are one of the bigger names supporting Darkest Hour. All local bands I think.

I'm not getting much support from my kiwi cohorts, haha. Is there any kiwis digging a darkest hour concert? Any...