Report: Opeth loses

To even think that Opeth's CD being sold at Wal-Mart is a measure of success is in fact some admittance of failure. I mean look at what they sell - cheap crap for the most part (although if you don't have a lot of money Wal-Mart works well).

Concert success, radio chart success, overall CD sales - that's a measure of success in the musical business world.

Musically, none of the above matters. Opeth's success musically is evident in what I hear when I play them. Their talent oozes out of each song. I've never believed any economic measure of a band is a measure of talent. Most of the population does not appreciate music for music alone, at least I don't believe so.

Take all your wal-mart business to locally owned stores. Boycott Wal-mart for thier
hiring illegal aliens and keeping people on minimum wage for years before they give you enough hours or up your pay to 10 cents above min.!

well ive seen opeth in K*mart over here, which i think is the same thing, hell i saw damnation on sale in a FUCKIGN PETROL STATIon, in Australia, now that is the definition of reaching out ot a new market

Shit, boycott Walmart just for the fact that they won't sell albums with a Parental Warning sticker on it, but sell shotguns. I've been doing it for over 10 years now!
I never thought, "huh, I need an Opeth album. I know, I'll go to Walmart!"
Support local record stores!

Wow, it really seems as if America buys music in department stores, what the hell is Aussie's equivalent of best buy??? Get to a music store!

Walmart sucks....dont go buy your cds there..and to say that a band looses cause they dont sell there cds there is juste .....well stupid, Opeth have a very bright futur in front of them...you want to know if Opeth are succesfull, go on there website and see how many of the shows on the europeen tour are sold out

Oinkness said:
This is a real report. So recently I bought these titles:

Nevermore - this godless endeavor
Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin
Pagan's mind - enigmatic calling
etc..

But here's the point of this report. Nevermore's new CD (century media) is available at walmart. Dimmu borgir's new cd (nuclear blast), darkest hour (century media?) in flames, dark tranquillity, etc.. Opeth? The new Opeth disc has never been available in this particular walmart, and never will according to the staff member I interviewed.

So in conclusion, Opeth loses.
And Mike's dream of the CD being available everywhere is futile,
which means the switch to RR is/was unnecessary and made a worse difference (if it made one at all) and they could have gotten their CD into walmart, a highly used store, if they had got on CM or NB.

Wal*Mart is used by more people than any other store.
Hoorj.

opeth can be found in the united states at:

Tower Records
Best Buy
Circuit City
Sears
Wherehouse Music
Borders Books & Music
Barnes & Noble
Amoeba Records
Discount Records
K-Mart
Suncoast Video & Music
F.Y.E.
MediaTown
RecordsPlus

and any number of online and or indipendant record shops coast to coast.

if you cant find an Opeth CD, then you are either in Louisiana, or a retard.

steel102 said:
wkA62948.jpg

www.walmart.com

that shit is hilarious... :headbang:

There is no local metal store. Kmart is gay-oriented, Bestbuy is for cunts, and I could go on and on. Though it was sold out at mediaplay, but that's an hour away.

Walmart is the most-used store in america.
They sell everything from groceries, to electronics.. CDs, DVDs, video games, computers, etc.. Who cares if the CD gets to many countries if its only sold at the end of a dark alley by some guy selling used spleens and stuff. You guys are totally retarded.

If i wanted to pay $20 for a cd, I'd go to whorehouse music like that guy suggested. But no! 13.99 <-- current paying price.

bestgay, circuitshitty, tower fuckhards, etc.. The first two are an hour away, tower records and the rest of that crap I don't even know.

ROFL. you downplay other similar multipurpose electronics and media stores,

and glorify WALMART? are you on drugs? :lol: :lol: :lol: seriously dude, get over yourself.

Oinkness said:
There is no local metal store. Kmart is gay-oriented, Bestbuy is for cunts, and I could go on and on. Though it was sold out at mediaplay, but that's an hour away.

Walmart is the most-used store in america.
They sell everything from groceries, to electronics.. CDs, DVDs, video games, computers, etc.. Who cares if the CD gets to many countries if its only sold at the end of a dark alley by some guy selling used spleens and stuff. You guys are totally retarded.

If i wanted to pay $20 for a cd, I'd go to whorehouse music like that guy suggested. But no! 13.99 <-- current paying price.

bestgay, circuitshitty, tower fuckhards, etc.. The first two are an hour away, tower records and the rest of that crap I don't even know.

Aren't all spleens used? I think it would be quite difficult to find a brand new one.

Also, stfu about Walmart. :wave:

Oinkness said:
Kmart is gay-oriented, Bestbuy is for cunts

...never before had the likes of these strong arguments seen the light of the world, and never since...