Report: Opeth loses

BrandonS

Apr 5, 2003
This is a real report. So recently I bought these titles:

Nevermore - this godless endeavor
Darkest Hour - Undoing Ruin
Pagan's mind - enigmatic calling
etc..

But here's the point of this report. Nevermore's new CD (century media) is available at walmart. Dimmu borgir's new cd (nuclear blast), darkest hour (century media?) in flames, dark tranquillity, etc.. Opeth? The new Opeth disc has never been available in this particular walmart, and never will according to the staff member I interviewed.

So in conclusion, Opeth loses.
And Mike's dream of the CD being available everywhere is futile,
which means the switch to RR is/was unnecessary and made a worse difference (if it made one at all) and they could have gotten their CD into walmart, a highly used store, if they had got on CM or NB.

Wal*Mart is used by more people than any other store.

Is it just me or is Wal Mart a supermarket? As in a place that sells food and booze?

Aren't there any music shops in America?

On their old label records from the pre-Still Life-era were hardly available outside of europe. Some people told they were unable to get the albums in their local (whatever that means) store. There were circumstances (i dont know) that made it not possible for the old label to offer all albums worldwide. That is what they talked about, when they said they wanted to make the new record available in more stores. Its not about Ghost Reveries being offered in every fucking Walmart store, its about RR being able to spread the record to more countries.

Oinkness said:

etc..

But here's the point of this report. Nevermore's new CD (century media) is available at walmart. Dimmu borgir's new cd (nuclear blast), darkest hour (century media?) in flames, dark tranquillity, etc.. Opeth? The new Opeth disc has never been available in this particular walmart, and never will according to the staff member I interviewed.

which means the switch to RR is/was unnecessary and made a worse difference (if it made one at all) and they could have gotten their CD into walmart, a highly used store, if they had got on CM or NB.

There are a lot more things involved than whether the album is carried in Wal-mart. Like tour support, multi-album security, performance bonuses, recording money and the opportunity to do a song with Josh Silver.

Furthermore, GR debuted higher than all of those albums combined so clearly people are able to find it.

Austin said:
Furthermore, GR debuted higher than all of those albums combined so clearly people are able to find it.

nonsense! Nevermore broke 20,000 sales in the US in their first (week? month? whatever the increment is) and GR was only around 15,000

Oinkness said:

etc..

I hate you.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that in a hyperbolic way. I literally hate you and every single one of your stupid fucking Wal-Mart related posts. Just because everyone else buys their Kenny Chesney CDs from there doesn't mean you have to buy your shit there too. Why don't you support your local record store and buy it there? I'm sure they have a very good selection of metal - in fact, as hard as this might be for you to accept, I'd wager that their metal selection might be better than Wal-Mart's.

Stop starting threads about not finding Opeth at fucking Wal-Mart. God you're a retard.

Demilich said:
nonsense! Nevermore broke 20,000 sales in the US in their first (week? month? whatever the increment is) and GR was only around 15,000

And this is from Nevermore.com:

"NEVERMORE’s new album This Godless Endeavor, released July 26th, sold over 5,200 copies in its first week. The album showed the strongest first week sales in the band’s 13-year history."

Shop smart, shop S-Mart ;)

You can get it in a respectable music store or through an online shop. It may be handy to check out a six-pack along with your Opeth album, but their music is not a common good and deserves better :tickled:

wkA62948.jpg

www.walmart.com