Opeth in Rock Band?

Xenopethgears

New Metal Member
Sep 5, 2004
Santa Clara
With the roadrunner pack and new releases like Lamb of God and Children of Bodom, I was thinking Opeth in Rock Band could actually happen. Is this more of a label's decision or does the band decide on whether they want to be in? Has anyone in Opeth ever made any comments about Guitar Hero/Rock Band etc.? I think they're popular enough now to warrant it being considered.

I dont want to hijack the thread, but i dont want to start a new one, hence my question.

what track would you want to see on RB?
I reckon "the moor".

I don't see why Opeth wouldn't work in Rock Band. They already have plenty of 10 minute songs, Rush, Metallica etc. They already have a couple of growling/screaming vocal songs (which I never thought I'd see in a rhythm game). I think it'd be a lot of fun to play one of the longer, really dynamic songs. Why no, second poster?

It would be from Watershed no doubt, maybe GR by a long shot.

And it would probably be PH or Burden which is an awful misrepresentation of Opeth as a whole. :erk:

So yeah, it just wouldn't work.

The only reason I'm squeamish about the idea is that it will create a lot of fake Opeth fans who only know their songs from Rock Band, but claim they are the best band ever. And Rock Band is fun, get off your high horses just because you can play a real guitar.

The only reason I'm squeamish about the idea is that it will create a lot of fake Opeth fans who only know their songs from Rock Band, but claim they are the best band ever. And Rock Band is fun, get off your high horses just because you can play a real guitar.

That's what I was about to say. It's a nice game... kinda pretty fun when there's many people playing and a lot of alcohol around.

...the game is boring. a better game would be Parapa the Rapa for PS1.

Opeth will never let themselves be on Rock band/Guitar Hero/Or any other shit where people think they can play instruments.

You know how annoying it would be to hear some emo faggot say "OMG I JUST BEET DIZ EPIC HARDKORE SONG CALLED THE BAYIN OF TEH HOUNDS ON XPERTTTTT"

However, If opeth does Choose to be on Gh or RB, I will respect it. But im shure they have thought about it.