Opeth on Roadrunner?

deathbearer said:
Relapse has always been a good major indie and distro. Willowtip aint that shabby either. While Mastadon's Levathian has an interesting concept and art work, Mastadon leave alot to be desired musically, compared to Necrophagist or Suffocation. BTW, Mastodon have signed to a major label Warner music group a few weeks ago.
Death and black metal bands don't get signed or last to long on major's and like opeth, Mastadon are pretty accesible underground metal for the masses. lol.
Ok, here's my post about Mastodon.

NeverIsForever said:
As I said before, when you can spell correctly yourself, you can talk about other people's spelling. And when you can't (as is obvious in your case) then don't.

What exactly is your problem with people under 21 on this forum? Maybe I'm not old enough to drink, but I do know that there's only one 'm' in the word 'comic,' which is apparently more than you can say. So being able to drink makes you...what, exactly?

I would think that an intelligent person would be concerned if there WEREN'T any teens on this forum, because that would indicate that the kids of today are neglecting to appreciate the value of bands like Opeth in favor of more commercialized "nu metal" and "mall core." If you want to bash fans of those bands, go find people who (gasp) ACTUALLY ARE. But based on what you've posted thus far, I think that assuming you're an intelligent person may be giving you just a little too much credit.

By the way, I never said word one about Soilwork. I don't know where you came up with that, but if you want to insult me, at least do us both the favor of thinking up something more original than "nu metal." It makes you sound both elitist AND ignorant, as you know absolutely nothing about what bands I do or don't listen to.
I don't care how old you are. Just don't FLAME me for not caring soo much about Mastodon. Really :yell:

deathbearer said:
I don't care how old you are. Just don't FLAME me for not caring soo much about Mastodon. Really :yell:

In no way was my original post directed at you personally. It was more of a generalization of the attitude that I noticed here. Mastodon was just one of the bands that stuck in my mind when I wrote the post. It just seemed to me that more space was dedicated to 'flaming' each other than actual discussion, rather, constructive discussion pertaining to Opeth. The general feeling I get from most 'hardcore' fans is that if someone is listening to something like 'nu-metal' that in no way should they be ALLOWED to listen to Opeth. The fact that Opeth is reaching a broader audience can only be a good thing. In no way will it change their sound or what their music means to us as individuals. If some 15 year old kid wants to listen to them, more power to that 15 year old kid. If said kid also happens to be a Slipknot or a Linkin Park, or a Jessica Simpson fan, well, why can't someone enjoy more than one genre of music?
Again, deathbearer, in no way are these posts directed at you. I am sorry if you took it that way, for I had no intention to offend; just to (hopefully) enlighten. I'm glad you had a good time at your show. Again, sorry for any offense that was taken, for none was intended.

Sheesh people... I leave to 2 days and you guys are at each others throats!?! Play nice or daddy will have to get out the paddle... except for those of you who would actually like that.. :Smug:

and if you can't be nice............... be civil.

Out.:devil: