SOTU 2005 DVD: No Opeth?

Mr Samsara

Misanthropic Moderator
Jul 9, 2004
Carrying a Burden Inside
At least there appears to be no Opeth performance footage.

Featuring Live Performances from:

All That Remains

DevilDriver

A Life Once Lost

Madball

High On Fire

Strapping Young Lad

Throwdown

Norma Jean

Every Time I Die

Gwar

Chimaira

Unearth

Clutch

Poison The Well

From Autumn To Ashes

Lamb Of God

for reference and here

Discuss.

Out.:devil:

It probably was as one of the peopel commented...a time constraint thing.

why put a 10+ minute song from one band when you can devote that time to another...'more popular' band.

then again, i'm surprised to see syl even made it on the dvd

or maybe they just didnt want to be associated :lol:

but then...they dont have red chord either......hmmm...i wouldnt mind seeing their footage.

MixGrafix said:
Funny how they leave the FUCKING BEST BAND ON THE PLANET of the dvd.

Dumbasses

considering that the tour consisted mainly of metalcore bands, most of the people that plan on buying the dvd wouldnt care about Opeth.

but who knows...maybe they just didnt list them...they did forget other bands...so yeah...

Vegetaman said:
I would've bought it just for Opeth, because they are always spot on!
I made the mistake of buying the 2003 NE Metal & Hardcore Festival DVD thinking opeth would be worth the $15 alone. Unfortunately all I got was a slight above-average performance of 'The Drapery Falls' along w/Nevermore, Meshuggah about 2 dozen or so shitty metalcore bands and an atrocious italian goth band. def. not worth it. :puke:

Who cares, nearly all those bands fucking suck. Why would you want Opeth to be featured on something with all the bands that suck. The hxc/metalcore/whatever people will simply not understand anyway. For they enjoy one kind of sound. The hxc/metalcore/whatever they call that shit sound.

Opeth is the only reason I went to that show. How could they not be included on the dvd. In Montreal they were the headline act. What a joke

Maybe Opeth's performance wasn't quite up to par, and the band decided not to be included. I'm sure there's many reasons. Just look on the bright side, now you can save that money for something else.

My friend was at the Toronto SOTU show, and he said the crowd reacted kinda weird to it, because the majority of the bands had crazy moshing throwdowns going, while Opeth didn't seem to fit because of the occasional mellow breaks.

That might be why, but who knows. It could be because of record label issues, which was why they could oly play stuff from BWP/D&D on the Lamentations DVD. In that case, even Demon of the Fall couldn't have been shown, despite it's length.

rocklobster said:
Who cares, nearly all those bands fucking suck. Why would you want Opeth to be featured on something with all the bands that suck. The hxc/metalcore/whatever people will simply not understand anyway. For they enjoy one kind of sound. The hxc/metalcore/whatever they call that shit sound.
:lol::lol::lol:

man, i hope you didn't get any corpsepaint on your keyboard when you were typing this up. it can be a problem when your frostbitten nordic fingers can't feel the keys properly.