Opeth in Rock Band?

dummies.jpg

Once upon a time, there was an Opeth fan. Back in those days Opeth were a very unknown metal band having only a couple of albums out. Opeth fan thought that the albums kicked ass and that Opeth were one of the best metal bands out there.

Many years later, Opeth had become a very popular metal band, their gigs were sold out and they had MUSIC VIDEOS!!! Opeth fan still liked all the Opeth albums. Then one day, he met the Opeth fanboy. Opeth fanboy told Opeth fan that "Duuuude, Opeth are fucking great man, their song is on the new rock band game and it kicks ass!!! I bought the new album and Wow! It's so great! I even tried their early shit, but it was boring and the mixing sucked ass. I'm 12 yrs old btw"

Opeth "fan" decided to stop listening to Opeth, cause the scene was clearly full of teen posers now and hence Opeth sucked.

The end.

^ The Opeth fan (no matter who it is) should have kept listening to Opeth, and not care about the fanboys. That's a sad decision. It's like.. it's like killing my own mother. Who wants to kill his own mother? Who?! I'm gonna kick your ass you motherfucker. The end.

Seriously, everyone should talk the way you did.

Damn, I had to read it again :lol: Seriously Wander that's pathetic, I highly doubt that would happen :lol:

That story that should have taught you something!!! Do not become the Opeth "fan". Argh, I just hope that do not have to write a sequel to my masterpiece to make a happy ending.:lol:

^ So you're saying that we should stop according importance to Opeth and all get the fuck away from this forum? Oh wait oh wait!!! You mean don't do like the stupid guy in your story and keep loving Opeth? Is that it?! Oh great. Thank you.

I like Rock Band and Guitar Hero and all that shit. Mike likes it too fyi, so the argument "tHeY'd NeVeR sElL oUt To ThAt gAme!!1" doesn't hold up at all. The hardest part would be transposing the drums. That's it. If the company wanted to put an Opeth song in, I'm sure the band would allow it.

By the way, you should like Opeth for who they are and the music they play. If it's an image thing - if your enjoyment is based on who else is listening to them, how they act/dress, when they hopped on the bandwagon - then I propose that you're as much of a poser as they are.

Fanboys are sucky indeed but it would be less sucky if they put on a song that actually represented Opeth. I just can't stand "Opeth fans" that think that because Porcelain Heart is the shit, Opeth must thus be the shit, even though Porcelain Heart absolutely =/= Opeth. I remember when I looked up the band over iTunes and sorted Opeth songs by popularity and it was something like "1. Windowpane 2. Porcelain Heart 3. Patterns In the Ivy 4. Insert Complete Bullshit Here" etc. etc. :mad:

Heir Apparent seems like a good guitar hero song, it never really slows down too much like Baying of the Hounds does during the first interlude. I've never participated in all this fake guitar shenanigans in our modern society but I assume that would bore those kinds of people that have the urge to shred on a series of homosexually colored buttons by plucking at an oversized lightswitch.

yeah...Well and I've seen that the scene kids who like Opeth, love Watershed over all their albums, and hate Orchid or Morningrise for being extremely "boring"

I'm not a fanboy, I was introduced with deliverance and it is my favorite album and song to this date, MAYH being my "second favorite" although that is very hard to rate obviously.

And yes, I dislike morningrise and orchid. They are boring but has a lot of potential in them with some good riffs in basically each song but as a whole song, fairly unbalanced and low-quality.

And dont even get me started on the recording...

Trust me, I love every single opeth album with a burning passion post-morningrise and I dont consider myself a fanboy or "less hardcore" opeth fan for doing so

I agree, a band having many fanboys makes the music COMPLETELY bad, even their already recorded albums, Still Life would be total shit if they had many fanboys.

I never said that the fanboys made their music bad. Because obviously the fanboys are the ones behind all the instruments....:rolleyes:

uhh...double bass in rockband or guitar hero? No way. One foot can not handle it.

I have seen some songs on rock band with double bass. In extreme, they are simply done so that you hit all the bass hits that come to the right foot and the left one's aren't in the chart. They should have a double bass in that game set though...

uhh...double bass in rockband or guitar hero? No way. One foot can not handle it.

Yeah I know about that, therefore, there's almost no metal to be included. But I suppose there's some way to remedy this, like doing double-bass like if there was just one pedal to hit (cutting left pedal). Adding another pedal seems too complicated for them (strangely, but maybe they don't find it necessery yet).

[...] obviously you are a fan boy yourself or you don't have much to do on a daily basis other than bitching on these boards.

What's obvious??? :loco: