Opeth in Rock Band?

^ And many just like this kind of game, and don't feel the necessity to play real guitar. Just imagine Guitar Hero or Rock Band are not even about guitar, but just some plastic stuff that you smash on.

^ And many just like this kind of game, and don't feel the necessity to play real guitar. Just imagine Guitar Hero or Rock Band are not even about guitar, but just some plastic stuff that you smash on.

That's true. I never looked at it as "playing guitar". It was pretty fun (I don't own the game, but have played it quite a lot).

I'd be much more interesting in trying the drum playing to be honest as from what I've seen, that seems really like something that could be useful in terms of learning solid playing.

For the basic rhytm and coordination, that's right. Still, a real drum is more appropriated in learning it (obviously), because you can play whatever you want, and improvisation is something very important in drumming (and the skin on the toms and everything are real, crashes, etc.). But if you get it very fast on Rock Band drums, you might learn pretty well on a real drum.

I do play real drums by the way, but that is why I want to see how well I could do on Rock Band drum kit :)

Right now Rock Band is the closest I can come to playing the drums. I unfortunetly do not have a set and neither have the room. I found myself playing air drums to Opeth more often than I'd like. :cry: better than nothing I guess :Smug:

FYI I used to play drums for my church when I was in high school a few years back, I miss it badly. WTB Drum set and room.

Playing Opeth on guitar hero would be alot better than playing Opeth on a air guitar.

Honestly, I don't really like guitar hero because none of the songs get me into the game. I truly only get "really into" heavy bands because of the guitar, and none of the current songs on the game get my pumped up enough to actually have a good time playing. But ide be playing Opeth over and over. Honestly they just need to go ahead and get some cradle of filth, Dt, (they already have In Flames), and a buncha stuff on there. It isn't like all these bands DON'T have the mainstream label anyway. Might as well go ahead and makes these bands more fun.

I was thinking tho, are there actually any roadrunner artists on rockband/guitarhero? i'm not sure...

There would be positives and a negatives side to it. More exposure equals more fans, but also more fan boys, more money for the band, but more fan boys, also more sold out shows but more fan boys. It would be cool if they made a prog pack or something and threw them on there with Rush and Porcupine Tree or Atheist. Since the whole Guitar Hero and D-Force thing they are all over the place AND in Hot Topics galore. Shit, they were even on some alternative station after Guitar Hero had them on. We would have to deal with all the more fan boys.

I agree, a band having many fanboys makes the music COMPLETELY bad, even their already recorded albums, Still Life would be total shit if they had many fanboys.

yeah...Well and I've seen that the scene kids who like Opeth, love Watershed over all their albums, and hate Orchid or Morningrise for being extremely "boring"

I would love to play Opeth on rock band....and I think any exposure of Opeth's genius to the music world is good...but that being said, Opeth can do a much more honorable job by just kicking ass in live shows and making great music that spreads by word of mouth. This seems much more appealing to me than little kids liking Opeth because it's in a game they obsess over.