Opeth

ChildInFlames

Eternal flaming grave
Nov 21, 2001
Russia, Saint-Petersburg
Visit site
Hail everybody! :) I'm new here.
I never heard Opeth ..
I only heard good things regarding the band! So, hmm, how do they sound like?
And yeah, Im into In Flames, Children Of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity,
Eternal Tears Of Sorrow, etc.
Would reall appreciate if smb replies ;)

People can give you their opinions all day, but until you hear them for yourself, you'll never know. They NEED to be listened to, because they really are like no other - you may like them, you may hate them, but don't base it on someone elses opinion, including mine.

Oh yeah, and by the way - WELCOME :D

Considering your tastes I think getting into Opeth will be easy. They are literally the perfect band. Five FLAWLESS albums in about 6 years. For some good songs I would check out the following....

(One from each album that best represents each)
Apostle In Triumph
Nectar
When
Godheads Lament
Leper Affinity

Get those songs!!! If you want to hear a slow one too check out To Bid You Farewell, Benighted, or Face of Melinda (I can't choose...)

Eventually we will have every Opeth song listed as a suggested listen. Because everyone is amazing, and we all love different ones. This band means different things to all of us, and you just have to hear them. Where have you been? You have missed out on so much having not heard Opeth! :D

Umm, I was really hooked by In Flames lately(they rock), and now I'm developing new bands to listen to :) And yeah, I'm downloading a The Leper affinity sample, my internet is tooo slow, and needless to say expensive(the phone line) :(
It is only 30 sec sample, damn.. Yes, I guess I'll have to buy the CD!

Opeth is more of... a band for the music lover who's heard it all before. I find it that people who have 8240981298392 cds in their collection usually name Opeth as their absolute favourite band. It can be difficult to enjoy Opeth if you're more into the power metal influenced type of bands.

By the way, has anyone noticed that static/scracthing sound 13 seconds into Under The Weeping Moon? Goes until about 00:18. Fuck, annoying shit. Usually I think it's my speakers screwing up.