-Galaxy 500-

Obscured by Clouds
Jun 27, 2003
Southwest Virginia
In Flames, Opeth, Children of Bodom, Dark Tranquillity
Iron Maiden
Sentenced
Borknagar, Vintersorg

I have some friends who are Christian and I figured this is the best way to get them into the metal music.

Extol is a very cool christian band.
Maybe not similar to all bands you listed, but I'd categorize it as trash metal with prog and death influences.
Check out their latest album "Synergy".

Children of Bodom Christian metal?
it's not because they have 1 song which has the word angel (Angels Don't Kill) in the title
that they are a christian metal band ya know
most of their songs are about war, hate, death and feeling depressed :headbang: :D

-Galaxy 500- said:
Yeah Extol is good. I have told them about Extol. Does anyone know if that band Mortification is Christian? I have heard they are.

Yes, they are. Very mediocre death metal IMO. And as the growls are about as comprehensible as with any non-christian band, what's the point? Most christian bands, that I've heard, suck musically (Extol was good) and there's no reason introducing metal to people through poor bands.

Nightmarez said:
I believe he was more referring to their style of playing rather than their religious backgrounds.

ow i see, my bad :Spin:
well i'm not fond of putting labels on every kind of metal so i'm not "up to date" with all the different styles

nergal_S said:
Why even have freinds who will only listin to christian music? These are the stupdist types of people!

That is a dumb thing to say. I'm open minded and they are my friends. I choose them because I like them. I use to be a Christian myself and I understand where they are at, that is why showing them that metal bands are just "evil" or "satanic" I can maybe convert them to metal. Or atleast that is what I hope. I just don't think giving them certain bands will make them want to listen to metal like this but maybe a christian band will.

Voice of God said:
Yes, they are. Very mediocre death metal IMO. And as the growls are about as comprehensible as with any non-christian band, what's the point? Most christian bands, that I've heard, suck musically (Extol was good) and there's no reason introducing metal to people through poor bands.

That is a good point!

As I Lay Dying are Xian, I believe. They are melodic death with a hardcore slant. Very heavy, headbang type of music.

Also, The Agony Scene are like early 90s Swedish death metal with a bit more energy, no solos, and a lot melodic riffs.

Cyanide said:
Children of Bodom Christian metal?
it's not because they have 1 song which has the word angel (Angels Don't Kill) in the title
that they are a christian metal band ya know
most of their songs are about war, hate, death and feeling depressed :headbang: :D

what about Touch Like ANGEL of death. haha! Yeah there was a post not too long ago about a christian etal website, you could find it on google or something.

Cyanide said:
ow i see, my bad :Spin:
well i'm not fond of putting labels on every kind of metal so i'm not "up to date" with all the different styles

Keke, no worries. I'm not up to date with all the different styles either.:D