I like these bands. What other bands would I like?

Nov 23, 2002
Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema, My Dying Bride, Emperor, Dark Tranquillity, Mayhem, Darkthrone, Rotting Christ, Ancalagon, Bloodbath, Ephel Duath, Eucharist, Requiem Aeternam, Mithotyn, Novembre, In Flames (Jester Race), The Provenance, October Tide, Daylight Dies, Rapture, Satyricon (old), Sentenced, Into Eternity, Borknagar, Vintersorg, Old Man's Child, Agathodaimon, Dissection, Dawn, Arcturus, Ulver, Wars of Winter, Thales, Farmakon, Darkane, Immortal, Enslaved, Slayer, Empyrium, Amon Amarth, Diabolical Masquerade, Hypocrisy, At The Gates, Amorphis, Cynic, Testament, Zyklon, Green Carnation, Exodus, Solefald.
(not in order of preference)

I know there's a wide range of musical styles here, but if you like quite a few of these bands, please recommend others that you like, and that I might like. Danke.

I do like System of a Down. If your SOAD and Linkin Park suggestions were cheap stabs at my list, I have two words for you. Piss off. :wave:

Myrkskog and Windir have been on my 'wanted list' for a while now. I'm listening to Tristania right now, they're not bad. I need to hear more ...And Oceans and Blood Red Throne. I like Aeternus.

Akercocke are ok. I haven't heard the others you mentioned christcrusher, although I know of them all.

Thanks guys, keep 'em coming. :)

Some comments upon my own suggestions:

Tristiania's best albums are "Widow's Weeds" and "Beyond The Veil". "World Of Glass" isn't that great. I suggest you check out songs from "Beyond The Veil".

...And Oceans: Their best album is in my opinion "The Symmetry Of I, The Circle Of O", great melodic black metal stuff. They've taken a more industrial path with their later albums, although both "AMGOD" and "Cypher" are good efforts.

Blood Red Throne: I'm not a great fan of their earliest works, but their latest album, "Affiliated With The Suffering", is one of the greatest death metal albums I've ever heard. Check out instant winners like "Chaos Rising!", "Affiliated With The Suffering", "Unleashing Hell", "A Dream Of Death" and "Malediciton". Splendid stuff.

Battlesword
Edge of Sanity
Dan Swano's Moontower
Paganizer
Evoken
Karaboujan (sp?)
Pan.Thy.Monium
After Forever
The Sins of Thy Beloved
Tenhi
Vehemence
Vital Remains

I've gone blank so that's good enough.

Thanks. :D

I already love EOS, Tenhi and Vehemence, I just forgot a few when I made the list. Some of them are bands I've been meaning to check out for a while, and some are new to me. I'll give feedback when my 56k :erk: has downloaded some stuff..

Cool list. Since I like most of those bands I'll just give you a few from MY list that you didn't have. Hope ya like 'em:

Thyrfing
Voivod
Dark Funeral
Terror 2000
Razor
Kataklysm
Cryptopsy
Kreator
Strapping Young Lad

Try these ones and tell me if ya like 'em.

:headbang:

Guardian of Darkness said:
I do like System of a Down. If your SOAD and Linkin Park suggestions were cheap stabs at my list, I have two words for you. Piss off. :wave:
They were taking the piss out of your post, now I have enough piss, I can piss off.

Nuclear Vampire said:
Cool list. Since I like most of those bands I'll just give you a few from MY list that you didn't have. Hope ya like 'em:

Thyrfing
Voivod
Dark Funeral
Terror 2000
Razor
Kataklysm
Cryptopsy
Kreator
Strapping Young Lad

Try these ones and tell me if ya like 'em.

:headbang:
Thanks for your suggestions.

Profånity said:
They were taking the piss out of your post, now I have enough piss, I can piss off.

So you took the piss out of my post because?....You dislike the bands I listed? Just don't bother posting in future, if you're not going to add anything of value.

Katatonia is one of my favorite bands.
Emperor are the 2nd best Black Metal band.
Amorphis are my favourite Finnish Death Metal band.
At The Gates are my favourite Swedish Death Metal band.

I wasn't taking the piss out of your bands, I was taking the piss out of the structure of your post.