Your opinion about Pain of Salvation

Learning to Live

New Metal Member
Nov 2, 2002
Madrid (Spain)
Visit site
logo01.gif

Hi to all!, I would like to know the opinion of Opeth´s fans about Pain of Salvation, I think "Remedy Lane" is awesome, this album in my opinion, have in a DIFFERENT way, a connection with Opeth´s music. What do you think?(about the band and the relationship between both bands) :)

I bought Remedy Lane and didn't like it. probably that's because I'm not into that kind of progressive metal at all. it had some good melodies but the vocals really sucked IMO.

I'm a huge Pain of Salvation fan, Opeth and Pain of Salvation are my two favorite bands. They both create incredibly atmospheric music, they both have a rich thick sound, and both have a music genius at the helm (Gildenlöw, and Åkerfeldt respectively)

Originally posted by ffanatic
I'm a huge Pain of Salvation fan, Opeth and Pain of Salvation are my two favorite bands. They both create incredibly atmospheric music, they both have a rich thick sound, and both have a music genius at the helm (Gildenlöw, and Åkerfeldt respectively)

Ditto.

Pain of Salvation transcends everything in music!

Gildenlow is the greatest genius of musical times and not only that but uhmm.. well I truly love this band. They are my favorite while Opeth is my second or third.

Anyway every album is brilliant and Gildenlow is the greatest vocalist of rock music.

As for a connection.. I talked to Gildenlow a year and a third ago and he said he had never heard of them yet I recommended him Still Life. Though I think the music is a bit different.

Brandon

I think they're great. I look forward to seeing them at the progpower in Atlanta. Most of their songs have great emotion attached to them just like some Opeth and Novembre songs.

It's natural for some people to dislike Daniel's vocals, however you can't deny his amazing ability.
I dare you guys to try some of his really high melodies :p
Then the fact that he is a great guitar player just makes me respect him even more.

I respect Daniel's awesome talent, but I've just never been able to get into these guys. Their lyrics are quite simply too depressing, and they revisit the same themes too frequently. Additionally, although I recognize that Daniel is an excellent guitar player, I often find that the sounds that he creates with his guitar to be quite annoying.

GZ

One of the few progressive metal bands for whom technical prowess, although considerable, is secondary to the emotional impulse...great band, to me along with several others, Opeth included, define what modern music should be: adventurous, thought-provoking, intense, and capable of delivering the same rewards after every listen.

Pain of Salvation is my favorite band.
Opeth is my second favorite band.

Nuff said?

Well, maybe not quite enough said: (manditory pro-PoS rant below)
Pain Of Salvation is the most artistic band I have ever heard--both musically and lyrically and their combination of both. Every note is essential--lyrical themes are repeated in the form of musical melodies--musical melodies are represented in lyrical reiteration, and it is all blended perfectly. The lyrics in PoS are by far the best I've heard in music (I would like to think I've heard quite a bit). The diversity is amazing--they truly are a "cross-over" band.

I'll terminate my post with a quote from Daniel Gildenlow:
"We are a bit different than any other band in the genre by creating the perfect balance between acoustic passages and the more fierce sections," Daniel says.

Hmm...does that quote remind you of any other band you know of? =P

Rob

Originally posted by Brooks
I'm currently masturbating to the thought of a Gildenlöw/Åkerfeldt project.

Hehe, yeah

The Swedish Holy Trinity of music should form a band (Gildenlöw, Åkerfeldt, and Swäno)

*drools*

Absolute genius, and one of the few bands able to merge complexity and emotion (like Opeth and DT). Plus Gildenlow is an amazing vocalist - almost like mixing Mike Patton with Geoff Tate.

Daniel Gildenlow fanatics might want to check out the new Flower Kings album, "Unfold The Future". Daniel contributes some beautiful lead vocals to a few songs.

Great album as well.