Pain of Salvation

Hell Yeah! I listend to Entropia today and I was still blown away by the sheer...progressiveness of this band! They might be my favorite band ever. The way they combine real issues with real emotion is great.
I'm getting the dvd for christmas. "Be" is definitely in my top ten albums.

Good band, not a great band. I used to really like them, but I haven't listened to them in a while. It's a shame too, because honestly, their music is pretty good and memorable.

Braighs said:
Hell Yeah! I listend to Entropia today and I was still blown away by the sheer...progressiveness of this band! They might be my favorite band ever. The way they combine real issues with real emotion is great.
I'm getting the dvd for christmas. "Be" is definitely in my top ten albums.

Oh, right on! I'm still exploring the band. Can you please recommend some of their work. You know, I don't want their jazz stuff! Haha, give me something guitar driven and progressive.

Probably my second favourate band after Opeth.

I seriously cant get over the amazing vocals of Daniel. He puts more emotion into his vocals than most singers could ever dream of.

My second favourite band - TPE is the 2nd best album ever behind SL. I would say Daniel is more of a *genius* than Mike, and he has one of the most impressive [clean] vocal ranges I've ever heard.

My favorite band. For sheer songwriting talent, i don't think anyone is as good as these guys... the only music i might like more is some classical or maybe some dark ambient, but for more "songy" music, i just don't think it gets any better. Plus, like others said, Daniel has probably the most impressive voice i've ever heard.

well, first thing you should kow is PoS isn't a "song" band, they are an "album" band, so i totally reccomend listening to a whole album or you're probably just going to blow them off. For some reason it seems a lot of people blow them off right away, not really sure why... definitely the kind of band that grows on you. It took me 2 years of listening to them for them to become my favorite, and it wasn't the album they released in those 2 years that did it. I just took a while to catch on.

If i had to reccomend only one song, i think Winning A War should be your first song. Probably their best of the not-so-emotionally dark and devastating songs. If you want something like that right away, go for King Of Loss. But i can almost guarantee you won't like that song right away.

I really, REALLY wanted to like this band. I bought Remedy Lane and I just can't get into it. What everyone is saying about Daniel and his emotion is exactly how I feel about Devin Townsend. I just for some reason can't get into this band. It sounds like pure cheese a lot, and a lot of the lead work sounds very Petrucci-esque. What am I missing with this band? :(

it took me a while to get into these guys too and I AM ABSOLUTELY HOOKED. I recently finished buying all their albums and their BE dvd and man am I satisfied! I WANT MORE DANIEL! Daniel has now become my favorite vocalist. He makes the songs sound 1000000000000x better.

Songs to check out:

Morning On Earth
Used
Inside
A Trace Of Blood
Foreword

These guys are an album based band that pretty much writes concepts. You have to listen to the albums from beginning to end to really grasp what POS is really about. If I were to describe them, they are intensely emotional, dark, epic, dramatic, capturing. Easily one of the best prog bands I have ever heard.

1)they're one of my favourite bands.all their stuff is simply amazing and original.i saw them live too.

2)they are definitely one of the best bands i've ever seen playing live.

3)Daniel is God LOL