The Pain of Salvation board needs to move to UM

leafblower

Mar 13, 2002
Visit site
Self explanatory really... Their ezboard right now is just too secluded and lacking posters. I know this band has a rather large fan base here at UM, a quick search for "pain of salvation" on the boards will show that, but the problem is that their current board is...out of the way, so to speak. I'm sure there are a ton of UM Pain of Salvation fans that just don't post on the Remedy lane board. It's just too annoying to have to go to a completely different page to post for one band, when there's so much discussion goin on at UM. The great thing about UM is how all the boards are on this one page, so you can scroll down the list and see all these new bands that are pretty much guaranteed to have some value to them, and it's convienient to post.

I'd love to see a Pain of Salvation community grown on UM, there needs to be more discussion going on about this amazing band. And I think by moving here POS would be exposed to a bunch of new fans, and they deserve it.

I don't really know where this post would fit at UM, so I just picked my favourite board =) Hope you guys don't mind. Take care. And if you haven't checked out this awesome band, do so.

I think The Perfect Element is better though

ThorGildenlowbros.jpg

Here´s a dude I know "partying" or something with PoS

:lol:

Hahaha yeah I saw that picture on the remedy lane board. I wish it were me, I'd kill to see these guys live. If only I lived in Georgia then I could go sit outside of the earthlink arena and put my ear against the wall during their set at progpower. =(

I love PoS - probably as much as Dream Theater, if not more. They are what prog is all about. Innovative, progressive (i.e. changing their sound with each album), experimental, technical and lyrical. They have four albums:

Entropia
One Hour By The Concrete Lake
The Perfect Element Part I
Remedy Lane

Personally, I separate their first two albums because they sound different, and they are a bit more aggressive in a way. They are excellent, but the last two albums have a certain edge that appeals to me more. They are more well-thought out, better produced and the thing that strikes me most is that after OHBTCL, the band realised that they have nothing to prove to anyone. Their songwriting is better and they are apparently doing their own thing.

I see great things coming from this band in the future. They are currently working on The Perfect Element Part II which will no doubt be a brilliant masterpiece. If you haven't checked them out, do so immediately! I suggest you start with Remedy Lane.

Oh, and as for the thread subject, yes I agree that UM would be a much better home to PoS than the ezBoards :D

Hey guys I'm Tom Manning (the guy who set up the Remedy Lane board). Basically we wouldn't do anything now because we still have quite bit of time left on the Gold subscription but... if you gus make the pilgrimage, when the suscription runs out, we shall look at the possibility of moving the board here.

Any promoting you guys could do would be awesome and very much appreciated! :) We try our best

Awesome! That sounds great. I'd love to help you out in anyway with the move, and I'm sure there are scores of other here at UM who would love to see the Pain of Salvation board move here!

@Don Corleone: Well just promote PoS the best you can. Threads like this are great so just keep them coming guys :) Remember if people want to hear samples, there's mp3's at painofsalvation.com and suggest that the lyrics are really what make them great :)

As I said we wouldn't move yet because we still have a subscription paid for for the next few months and at the moment ezboard is perfect for us but we'll look into moving here after the subscription runs out. I would imagine there woiuld be people saying the opposite to you guys (ie. people that are on mostly ezboards) so we'll just have to try and please everyone! (not an easy task :D )