Don't Ever Take Opeth For Granted

MetalManCPA

Papa Opeth
May 19, 2001
Visit site
Driving home from ice hockey tonight listening to The Drapery Falls at midnight, I came to realize at the ripe old age of 41, that Opeth is the band that puts more meaning into music for me than any others.

For all these years, it's been Led Zepplin. I thought I would never see the day that some other band would come along, and really mean more to me than Led Zeppelin. I argued with myself, trying to convince myself that it's usually current thoughts that are fresh and realistic, and that older thoughts fade over time. But Led Zeppelin hasn't. It's just that Opeth has introduced me to a totally new depth in music - and for that, I am forever grateful.

So, in 20 or so years from now, you'll remember Opeth.

I'm sure a lot of people hold on to old bands that they have liked for a long time and fight the "Liking" of other bands more. I personally don't have a single favorite band.
One thing about listening to old bands that you grew up with is the memories it brings back when you hear the songs again....It's weird.

Originally posted by metalmancpa
Driving home from ice hockey tonight listening to The Drapery Falls at midnight, I came to realize at the ripe old age of 41, that Opeth is the band that puts more meaning into music for me than any others.

For all these years, it's been Led Zepplin. I thought I would never see the day that some other band would come along, and really mean more to me than Led Zeppelin. I argued with myself, trying to convince myself that it's usually current thoughts that are fresh and realistic, and that older thoughts fade over time. But Led Zeppelin hasn't. It's just that Opeth has introduced me to a totally new depth in music - and for that, I am forever grateful.

So, in 20 or so years from now, you'll remember Opeth.

I agree. Now can I return to listening to "Achilles Last Stand"?

:cool: :cool: