Opeth Compilation

take out black rose immortal. I actually probably like that song the least of all Opeth's works. take it off and throw In the Mist, and Credence in its place.

Prowler121 said:
Good replies. I'll definately put the songs you guys mentioned the most on, like The Moor. I included the Maiden cover because all my friends know that song and they would appreciate hearing such a good cover of it.

P.S. at this point I consider Black Rose Immortal to be the best song by Opeth, but alot of you suggested I take it off. Why don't you guys consider that to be a good song for the CD?

its too damn long for its own good. I enjoy the song up until about 14 minutes..then I just lose interest after the clean vocal part is over. Teh fact that there's a huge cadence right there doesn't help..it seems so final right there..and then just continues from nothing...doesn't make sense. Should have been 2 different songs IMO.

I actually made a two-disc compilation for myself when I was still trying to get to know all the albums. I think they still hold up pretty well, though now that I look at it, it's more of a "Later stuff" and "Earlier stuff" mixture to some degree. Well here they are:

Disc 1
1. The Moor
2. Bleak
3. Deliverance
4. The Leper Affinity
5. A Fair Judgement
6. The Drapery Falls
7. Windowpane

Disc 2
1. Forest of October
2. Godhead's Lament
3. In My Time of Need
4. The Night and the Silent Water
5. Moonlapse Vertigo
6. Harvest
7. April Ethereal
8. When

Actualy, its pretty much all together wrong to dissect the albums like that, because taken out of album-context, the songs stand to be no-where near as strong. You'd be better off showing your friends a copy of Still Life or Morningrise.

I made one up as well. I put on one song from each album - Forest Of October, Black Rose Immortal, Demon Of The Fall, Serenity Painted Death, Bleak, Deliverance, Windowpane. One more person inducted into the Opeth flock!

Prowler121 said:
I recently made an Opeth compilation that I will hand out to buddies of mine, to try to get them interested in the band. I'm relatively new to Opeth myself, so tell me if you think I'm leaving out an obvious Opeth masterpiece.

Tracklisting:
Patterns in the Ivy
The Drapery Falls
Black Rose Immortal
Demon of the Fall
Remember Tomorrow(The Iron Maiden cover)
Windowpane
Face of Melinda
The Funeral Portrait
Epilogue.

That comes to 73 minutes, what tune do you think I should add to complete the CD?

Deliverance
Masters aprentices

a must on the compilation