Opeth Compilation

Prowler121

CingKrimzon
Jul 4, 2003
www.elephant-talk.com
I recently made an Opeth compilation that I will hand out to buddies of mine, to try to get them interested in the band. I'm relatively new to Opeth myself, so tell me if you think I'm leaving out an obvious Opeth masterpiece.

Tracklisting:
Patterns in the Ivy
The Drapery Falls
Black Rose Immortal
Demon of the Fall
Remember Tomorrow(The Iron Maiden cover)
Windowpane
Face of Melinda
The Funeral Portrait
Epilogue.

That comes to 73 minutes, what tune do you think I should add to complete the CD?

Yeah, you've definitely thrown in some unnecessary fillers like Pattern In The Ivy and Epilogue. Also, get them an Iron Maiden cd if you want to introduce them to that song, it doesnt really do Opeth justice.

I recently made an Opeth compilation that I will hand out to buddies of mine, to try to get them interested in the band. I'm relatively new to Opeth myself, so tell me if you think I'm leaving out an obvious Opeth masterpiece.

Tracklisting:
Patterns in the Ivy
The Drapery Falls
Black Rose Immortal
Demon of the Fall
Remember Tomorrow(The Iron Maiden cover)
Windowpane
Face of Melinda
The Funeral Portrait
Epilogue.

That comes to 73 minutes, what tune do you think I should add to complete the CD?

This is...all wrong.

1. In Mist She Was Standing
2. Advent
3. When or April Ethereal
4. Moonlapse Vertigo
5. The Leper Affinity
6. Deliverance
7. Demon of the Fall

That should fit under 80 mins. Whatever you do, don't put an Iron Maiden song on this. Also, Advent would be a much better choice than BRI. Epilogue is cool; I would only put it on if there were only four minutes left on the CD.

As said; leave out BRI, Epilogue, Patterns and Remember Tomorrow.

Put in Godhead's Lament, Bleak, Forrest of October, When, Deliverance, Harvest or Hope Leaves.

In other words the tracklisting sucks ;)

Benighted1 said:
what is still day beneath the sun?? I have every Opeth CD but never heard it.. *feels stupid*

It's on the two disc Blackwater Park, you should check the song out it's a lot different than anything Opeth has done before (well when they recorded it) and it sets a really cool mood.

And for an INTRO to Opeth to just casual music fans (not just death metal fans)...

Drapery Falls
Deliverance
Face of Melinda
A Fair Judgement
The Moor
Advent
Godhead's Lament
Demon of the Fall (Just because you have to)

Good replies. I'll definately put the songs you guys mentioned the most on, like The Moor. I included the Maiden cover because all my friends know that song and they would appreciate hearing such a good cover of it.

P.S. at this point I consider Black Rose Immortal to be the best song by Opeth, but alot of you suggested I take it off. Why don't you guys consider that to be a good song for the CD?

Black Rose Immortal is great, but might be a little hard to handle for a newbie, and it takes a lot of space on the CD. My CD would look something like:

1. Advent
2. April Etheral
3. The Leper Affinity
4. Face of Melinda
5. Masters Apprentice
6. The Moor
7. Demon of the Fall

Might even be some minutes left thereafter.