"Dead Can Dance" - best artists ever?

SoundMaster

Jan 20, 2002
"the flower & willow world"
Visit site
For the record, I absolutely love metal - it's may favorite genre of music (although I like almost everything, sans "country"). Anyway, I'm really beginning to feel that "Dead Can Dance" are/were the greatest artists ever, surpassing the Almighty Led Zeppelin & Beatles, as well as Opeth or any other great band we know & love.

Lisa really does take you to another world & speaks volumes of the world with her stunning vocals & 'language'.

For those not familiar with this band, they sound like NO ONE you've heard before.

D/L the song "Hosts of Seraphim".

DCD are amazing. though there is so much great music out there, i don't see how anyone could claim ANY band to be "the greatest"

the beatles were horrible. i'm glad music has evolved significantly since they made their "music." I don't appreciate you mentioning them in the same breath as Zep. just my opinion of course. . .

anyway, i was thinking of buying the new DCD box set. does anyone have it yet?

They are pretty much in their own genre, while touching on a few other genres, and they do it well. Contemporary, Goth (to a degree), Folk, music for understanding, not just for entertainment.

I believe they are pretty much the best in what they do, as I haven't found many others that approach music the way they do.

For those who haven't heard them, do yourself a favour and search DCD tracks out.
For starter tracks, I would recommend The Carnival Is Over, Anywhere Out Of The World, The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove, De Profundis, Mesmerism, Enigma Of Absolute, The Host Of Sepharim, Ullyses, Piece For Solo Flute, I Can See Now, American Dreaming, Don't Fade Away. These are most of what would have been singles and most of their stand-out tracks.

DCD are great, let's not start an arguement by saying they are the best of everything :D

Originally posted by O'blivion
anyway, i was thinking of buying the new DCD box set. does anyone have it yet?

Yes! I do. It's brilliant. They layout is gorgeous - it fits the music perfectly. There are a handful of unreleases tracks too.

The DVD is the entire "Towards the Within" concert, plus the videos for "Hosts of Seraphim", "Yulunga", "Carnival" & a few others. Awesome!

Well I think Dead Can Dance are amazing. "Within the Realm of a Dying Sun" is one of my top 5 albums ever. Lisa's possibly my favorite vocalist too. By the way in my oppinion the Beatles are very good. Sure they're stuff is simple but that doesnt make it bad and they influenced everyoneincluding Opeth, but of course its all opinion.