Dead Can Dance cover by Anathema!

flebbie

a light has died
Sep 18, 2002
Groningen, the Netherlands
Visit site
I was just surfing around a bit and found out Anathema contributed to this album:

BLR00062.jpg

The Lotus Eaters, A Tribute to Dead Can Dance

Disk One
1 ARCANA - In the wake of adversity
2 PERSEPHONE - Spirit
3 DANNY LILKER (NUCLEAR ASSAULT) - Cantara
4 ATARAXIA - Bylar
5 FAITH AND THE MUSE - Mesmerism
6 TRAIL OF TEARS - The arcane
7 HORTUS ANIMAE (with Liv Kristine, ex-THEATRE OF TRAGEDY) - Windfall/ Summoning of the muse
8 AMBER ASYLUM - Cardinal sin
9 GRIDO - Rakim
10 ANATHEMA - How fortunate is the man with none
11 IMPERIA (Helena Michaelsen, ex-TRAIL OF TEARS) - The lotus eaters
12 EPHEMERAL SUN - Avatar
13 SARAH JEZEBEL DEVA - The Wind that Shakes the Barley

Disk Two
1 BLACK TAPE FOR A BLUE GIRL - Fortune present gifts not according to the book
2 JARBOE (ex SWANS) - American dreaming
3 ANTIMATTER - Black sun
4 THE GATHERING - In power we entrust the love advocated ( Previously Released )
5 NIGHTFALL - The ubiquitous Mr. lovegrove
6 DARKWELL - Anywhere out of the world
7 GREEN CARNATION - Cantara
8 ULVER - In the kingdom of the blind the one-eyed are kings
9 AKRABU - Desert song
10 NOEKK (ex EMPYRIUM) - How fortunate is the man with none
11 IMPERIAL BLACK (new band of ex CRADLE OF FILTH bassist)- Enigma of the Absolute
12 SECRETS OF THE MOON & NOSTALGIA - The Protagonist
13 MONUMENTUM - Windfall
14 SUBTERRANEAN MASQUERADE - Summoning of the Muse (Deconstructed)

Seems like a must have :worship:

well, it's only by Danny if i'm not completely wrong, sounds quite good, not exactly my cup of tea though. Just gave it two listens though. Antimatters Black Sun is great though.

yea Danny does the vocals, but don't know more about it :( I would like to listen to it before paying imo quite alot for a double cd, I do not doubt it's good, but I don't have the money now to spend on cds without listening to them and knowing it's worth it

Same here, that's why i got them two songs by other ways. DUnno, by times i will listen to the whole cd in a shop and then decide whether it's worth the money or not.

well after all it's a Dead Can Dance Tribute, and they were quite popular i reckon. So it might end up even in bigger stores. just a theory though.

thats the bad tracklist, no anathema on the tribute album... it's only danny on it, and green carnation isnt playing there

Impressive are the antimatter, the gathering, ulver and subterranean masquerade versions

Ha, it's one of the few times i feel really like that i live in this place :cool:

So i got this tribute album couple of weeks ago, it comes from a greek label, "Black Lotus Records" and i have to admit that it has an excellent layout!
Indeed there's no "Anathema cover" on this album, only a "Daniel Cavanagh cover" of the song "Spirit". Nevertheless, it's an excellent album as i said before. wait untill you hear the cover that Antimatter did on the song "Black Sun", incredible, just incerdible.
Same goes for the covers that were made by
Ulver :worship: ,
The Gathering (old one but who cares) :worship:
Arcana, Danny Lilker, Sarah Jezebel Deva, Akrabu etc

Anyway, it's definitelly a worth buying album, don't miss it! :headbang:

BLR00062.jpg

everytime i look at that cover, i cant help but think the person has just got up off the toilet and has the bog roll out ready to themselves o_O