Dead Can Dance Tribute

Spike said:
S4R: How about antimatter? I am more keen to hear their cover than anathema's :p
But...they're... like.... the same band... almost???

Actually, I'd just laugh it was another "Antimatter, with D. Cavanaugh on vocals". Whats the difference????? :)

~Kov. (Just kidding... I really like both bands.)

Kovenant84 said:
But...they're... like.... the same band... almost???

Actually, I'd just laugh it was another "Antimatter, with D. Cavanaugh on vocals". Whats the difference????? :)

~Kov. (Just kidding... I really like both bands.)
Shuddup.

Antimatter PWNS you and you KNOW IT! :loco:

S4R: I thought over this for a while and I think, yes, I overreacted. I won´t comment on such stuff anymore.

Siren:
".... difference is that Malaclypse does his "whining" (which i don't see at all as whining)"
~I have not said he´s doing that. I said his feelings are taken seriously, mine should please be, too. Easily one could post the same remark he wrote to me under his topics (or anyone else´s) but exactly that does usually not happen because the forum is for speaking about things and feelings, and opinions, and not just offending people for what they write.

"And then she replied on a personal level. That i call a hit under the belt. Imo you can criticize someone posts, but you shouldn't criticize his personal life, especially after they chose to pour their heart out in public. You don't know them, so don't judge them."

~I am fine with him telling his feelings. Maybe you should not overlook who raged first. What I said above already, that I out of nothing got slammed. When he´d just wrote what he explained later, his opinion on the CD and maybe something in direction of "I like that thread", I would have gotten the idea that most people like this thread (yes, I am slow) and had found myself the idea that I am in a minority about that. His first post to me was totally personal, too, btw, and I felt hit, aswell. And not like anyone being fine with telling my opinion and feelings (which anyhow get told all over the board, normally, and that´s fine, no complains bout that...)

"Also, i'd like to advice fireangel to spend some more time on this forum, get to know who are regulars and who are one-time spammers, "
~ I am reading this since January 2003 or even earlier.

MagSec4:
" but it's another thing to always point out your disapproval of this and that "
~yes, but don´t overlook the approvals, supports and positive remarks about other´s stuff. When you check my record, there´s both, you know.

"You seem to get offended easily, "
~not everyone has a very high threshold on that matter.

Spike said:
S4R: How about antimatter? I am more keen to hear their cover than anathema's :p
Anathema, Antimatter, and Dead Can Dance are all about atmosphere. They're three of the best in that regard, but nothing hits me like Anathema. :)

fireangel said:
S4R: I thought over this for a while and I think, yes, I overreacted. I won´t comment on such stuff anymore.
Classy, I appreciate it, as I said, your gut reaction was understandable. :)

@fireangel: now's a good time :D

@Soul4Raziel: so what songs would you recommend to someone wanting to know DCD? those in the tribute album?

Thanatos said:
@Soul4Raziel: so what songs would you recommend to someone wanting to know DCD? those in the tribute album?
I prefer their early work because its in a more rhythmic and ambient terrain. I suggest pretty much anything off of their self-titled, Spleen and Ideal or Within the Realm of the Dying Sun.