Dead Can Dance tribute

Strangelight

steak(knife) no more
Jul 3, 2002
www.strangelight-records.com
I dunno if this has been posted before *senile* but anyway, we're recording at track at the end of the month for the upcoming Dead Can Dance tribute album on Black Lotus Records. We're gonna do a version of 'Black Sun'. Again we'll be recording in Sun Studios with Stefano Soffia, as we did with Lights Out.
Other bands confirmed are The Gathering, Ulver, Dan Lilker, Black Tape For A Blue Girl and more like.
So buy it when it comes out and that eh?

THE DEAD CAN DANCE TRIBUTE
"The lotus eaters"
BLRDCD064

notes_009.gif

Strangelight said:
Yeah some good tracks but its us doing it so I guess its got to suit us eh? I cant really do Lisa Gerrards vocals like :lol:

yep, but like those brendan tracks, say, 'anywhere out of the world' would suit mick's voice. also it has some doom parts in it. :p

tmtk said:
yep, but like those brendan tracks, say, 'anywhere out of the world' would suit mick's voice. also it has some doom parts in it. :p
I reckon that MDB could have done a good version of that one, similar sounds to the Turn Loose The Swans era. I never thought of doing any of them though. It was Black Sun or Severance like, the obvious ones for us.

Strangelight said:
I reckon that MDB could have done a good version of that one, similar sounds to the Turn Loose The Swans era. I never thought of doing any of them though. It was Black Sun or Severance like, the obvious ones for us.

black sun is ok, maybe except this crappy drumming. idea is fine, but it sounds shit on the original.

'how fortunate the man with none' would be interesting to cover, i hoped rygg would remake this.

anyways, about other artists i heard that the gathering will submit 'in power we entrust, the love advocated', that was already a bside on one of their singles.
noone should mess with lisa tracks, especially somebody with as cheesy name as lilker. wtf is he anyway?

any infos on the release date of that tribute?

I think someone from Empyrium is doing 'How Fortunate The Man With None'. Your wan from (ex)Theatre Of Tragedy is doing 'Summoning of the Muse' with some project.

I think it'll be out early next year. Not sure of the date like.

Andreas from Black Lotus had told me about this tribute and I just can't wait until it's out!!! I'm pretty sure it'll be awesome! Amazing artists covering songs of a top band! So, does anyone here know if covers of "The Host Of Seraphim" or "Enigma Of The Absolute" will be included in the cd?

Strangelight said:
No mate, he didnt do a song. I think it will be out early next year. Not sure of the date like.
The Gathering have been confirmed to join Antimatter on the forthcoming 'Dead Can Dance' tribute album planned to be recorded at the end of this year. The album, which is to be released through Black Lotus Records, will also feature Ulver, Faith and the Muse and Dan Lilker among others. Duncan and Mick have recorded their version of 'Black Sun', (which was produced by Stefano Soffia who worked on Lights Out) in Sun Studios this October

THE DEAD CAN DANCE TRIBUTE (tentative tracklisting)
"The lotus eaters"
BLRDCD064

n.b. this preliminary tracklisting is subject to change at any time.

Disk One
1) ARCANA-In the wake of adversity
2)............

10) DANIEL CAVANAGH (ANATHEMA)- (pulled out)
11) .............

Disk Two
1) BLACK TAPE FOR A BLUE GIRL-Fortune present gifts not according to the book
2) JARBOE (ex SWANS)-American dreaming
3) ANTIMMATER-Black sun
4) ..................................

this (pulled out) means no longer in the 'running' or ????????