Legend Of The Bone Carver \m/

Iced Dog

The Stormrider's Pooch
Sep 29, 2003
Grand Rapids, MI
www.facebook.com
Alright, the album is now officially released the globe over. Congrats to the band on a stellar sophomore release...this is high quality stuff. My favorite track (as of this moment) is Bring Back Life...that folky melody with the rhythm guitar chopping along with it...and then BAM, Michael does his best Jon Schaffer impression
music_jam.gif

The most emotional moment is where the Bone Carver speaks as a kid in What Lies Beyond...Jonah's keys there provide the perfect tone and atmosphere...and Tomy King did a great job with the spoken part. The other guest vocals, by Christina Øberg (She Who Summoned Me, Blood Red Skies), were fantastic...such a smooth and beautiful voice. To the band, how did you come to find Tomy and Christina to do those parts...especially Christina, I'm curious about her background.

Lance, what can I say, your vocals remain top-notch...great job on putting those vocal melodies together. Morten, love the drumwork...Niels, fine bass action...and Toke, smooth leads. Jonah, awesome job again on this album. Michael, excellent writing both musically and lyrically...I find the story fresh and interesting....who knows, maybe Peter Jackson will decide to do an epic film about it someday :D

Thank you Iced Dog for the review !

The album was released last monday in France but I can't find it in my city !!! :( I hope that I will not wait for too long

You haven't gotten your copy angela?????? Well, it was a pre-sale sell-out if you haven't gotten it by Monday let me Know. I will see what i can do for you.

John

I had problems with the Nightmare Records website so my order was never officially processed. Lance took care of it for me though so I should have my copy in the next week or so. Thanks John and Michael for offering to help me out...

I have had some trouble with the delivery of the Bone Carver aswell. The online shop (www.proxis.be) i ordered it from has informed me that they haven't had any news from their supplier and therefor are not able to deliver the cd to me. Maybe later they will be able to process my purchase...

I'm taking a little risk here, i've ordered the cd (along with the new Avian release and an older Balance of Power album) again at Nightmare Records. I might receive the Bone Carver twice now :D (makes a perfect birthday gift for someone i really like). What is there better to give than great music!!

Olddoggie, the "waiting impatiently" One.

Finally, I found it last monday in a CD store in a bigger city that where I live. The new album rocks that's true, I m not disapointed, my favorite song is "What Lies Beyond". But I have a regret, I think that the new album is really too short, I think that one or two more song will be cool. And on the 10 songs, 2 are not really because this is a guy who speak on it (anyway Blood Red Skies is one of my favorite)

Thanks Pyramaze again, this one is not as good as "Melancholy Beast" in my opinion, but he is really really good.

I just got it in the mail last night. After listening to it 4 times in a row non-stop, and only stoping because I'm human and need to get sleep, all I can say is....:OMG: :worship: :headbang: :kickass: ABLUM OF THE FREAKING YEAR!!!!! Legend of the Bone Carver not only met my expectations, it completely surpassed them! Don't get me wrong, I like the Melancholy Beast album, but this new one completely blows it away in my opinion. As soon as Era Of Chaos was over and The Birth started playing on my speakers I could just tell that this was going to be a kick ass album! I don't have a favorite track picked out yet. It's just so hard to do when the whole album is this good! It's been a LOOOOOOONG time since I've enjoyed an album this much.

Finally got my copy- thanks again Lance. And what a great listen it was. Definitely worth the wait! I'm just so blown away by the whole thing. When you think about the work involved- coming up with the concept, the writing, the music, the lyrics...and then putting it together in two different countries- it's just mindblowing.

I'm a fairly new fan of Pyramaze and I just want to say that I think Legend of the Bone Carver is a fantastic album!! :headbang: It will definiately be in my Top 10 favorite albums for 2006. I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the debut album Melancholy Beast yet but it's on my "Must Buy" cd list. I hope to see you guys play live some day.

Lost Soul said:
I'm a fairly new fan of Pyramaze and I just want to say that I think Legend of the Bone Carver is a fantastic album!! :headbang: It will definiately be in my Top 10 favorite albums for 2006. I haven't had the pleasure of listening to the debut album Melancholy Beast yet but it's on my "Must Buy" cd list. I hope to see you guys play live some day.

welcome, and thanks dude! cheers -j

Yep, it rocks!!!!
I had to give it more than one spin though, to really hear all the things in this masterpiece. Like the Melancholy Beast at first, i thought the melody of the singing was a bit odd, didn't fit perfectly to the music. But now i can hear that it really adds a whole new melody line to the music, again very impressive!!

I must congratulate you guys for the craftmanship of this album, all of you master your instrument perfectly. Still this wouldn't make this a great album, i think you've all added the right spirit and feelings to each and every song to achieve this. I can't really pick a favorite yet, allthough i really like the extra touch by the female singing in "She who summoned me". I'll have to listen to the album some more to make up my mind. That's not a job to do, it's a pleasure to do. :)

I hope to see you live somewhere in the near future, be able to feel the "live vibe" of the band. I'll be monitoring your "gigs" section.

Olddoggie.

hey iced dog! new user here just trying to stir up talk about this amazing new band! many fav.s on carver- but i just love "the birth" & "tears of hate"