Legions Of War - Proclamation Of War

dill_the_devil

OneMetal.com Music Editor
Legions Of War - Proclamation Of War
Warfire Recordings - 2006
By Philip Whitehouse

um.gif

Sorry about the lack of cover-art and URLs on this review guys, but I seriously cannot find shit about this band anywhere on the 'net. All I can tell you is that Legions Of War are a three-piece military-themed black metal band consisting of Zyclon on vocals and guitar, Widowreaper on lead guitar, and Count Stalinorgel on drums. Proclamation Of War is a two-track promo which admonishes on the cover, "Some of the tracks is recorded on an analog porta studio. Don't't listen to the sound quality - Listen to the music" [sic]

Well, the music reminds me somewhat of the material I heard on Sapthuran's half of the Sapthuran/Leviathan split - black metal that is melodic without delving into faggoth or symphonic territory, characterised by interesting guitar work, and occasionally dipping into some more classic heavy metal territory with some stomping rhythms and more chugging riffage. Second track 'Show Them No Mercy' showcases a nice ear for a more epic, somewhat Maiden-esque ear for songwriting too. The sound quality really isn't that bad, despite the warning - you can hear everything relatively clearly, although the drumming is slightly muffled and the bass is pushed quite far to the background.

So, yeah, I'd recommend this - if I knew where the hell you could get hold of a copy. I'm gonna just have to put the email address at the bottom of this review in lieu of any website details. Get in touch, see if they'll send you a copy. If you're a fan of what's been happening in the underground black metal scene over recent years, I doubt you'll be disappointed.

7/10

UM's Review Rating Scale

Email Legions Of War