Lemmy interview.

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
http://cryptmagazine.com/28101/321996.html

Dedicated to the upcoming birthday of Vicious Robbie :lol:

Like always, Lemmy si a class act in his interviews, from which I like to emphasize a couple of comments:

DN: With women rockers, you've always championed them. Like Girlschool, L7, Joan Jett...

Lemmy: Chelsea Girls. They go through a lot of shit, just 'cause they're chicks. It ain't right. Girlschool, when they started out, guys would say about Kelly Johnson (original lead guitarist) "she's really good for a girl." I'd say, "she's better than you motherfucker!" Because she was a great guitar player. She's dead now, you know that.

DN: Yes, of course. Unfortunately.

Lemmy: She took a long time to die too. It was really bad, cancer of the spine. But, all of these (female) bands, people treat them like second-class citizens, because they're chicks. There's all this "show us your tits, and we'll give you a gig." And all of that shit. It's really like, poor.

DN: The late Ron Asheton of the Stooges collected Nazi stuff.

Lemmy: He believed the thing, I don't believe it.

A lot of people has always questioned me how come I love Motorhead if Lemmy collects Nazi regalia? Well my friend Henry does it too, and I know he's not a Nazi. I believe Lemmy is not either. Good reading IMO.

He kind of sounds like my dad, but then again they are both British and in the same age group.

A lot of people has always questioned me how come I love Motorhead if Lemmy collects Nazi regalia? Well my friend Henry does it too, and I know he's not a Nazi. I believe Lemmy is not either. Good reading IMO.

I'd seriously doubt Lemmy to be a racist or Nazi or anything else. I abhor racism and the thought of the holocaust sickens me. But at the same time, I love WW2. Whenever I go to the states I love watching the History Channel (we have History Television in Canada and it sucks). The documentaries are exceptional on that channel. I recall watching one on interesting WW2 weapons and bats were used with napalm inside to destroy Japanese cities. The project never got off the ground. But damn it all, that's neat!

I think Lemmy likes Nazi stuff because the Nazis were very interesting. Horrible, yes, but they as people were fascinating. Hitler himself is a complete case study spanning politics, history, sociology, art, and even psychology.

Also, isn't a Lemmy a damn-near WW2 historian?

Whenever I go to the states I love watching the History Channel (we have History Television in Canada and it sucks). The documentaries are exceptional on that channel. I recall watching one on interesting WW2 weapons and bats were used with napalm inside to destroy Japanese cities. The project never got off the ground. But damn it all, that's neat!
I really think a History Channel executive has a WW2/Nazi fetish. I like it too but seriously they show or did show too much of it on that channel to the point that i got bored with it. There is more to "history" then WW2/Nazism.

anyways other then that: Lemmy!!! :kickass: I loved the album cover of Motorhead's 1916. I also love the number 1916 for historical reasons like the Irish IRA etc.

There is more to "history" then WW2/Nazism.

Of course, but sadly there are not many filmed data about previous wars. So if you're a TV channel you pick whatever you have in hand. Radio, press, books, and other media can rely on more but TV certaily is constricted to moving images (ergo, film).

I loved the album cover of Motorhead's 1916.

That's a great song, one of my all-time Motorhead favorites. Along with Sabaton 'The Price Of A Mile', the best IMO that have been done in metal about WWI.

I really think a History Channel executive has a WW2/Nazi fetish. I like it too but seriously they show or did show too much of it on that channel to the point that i got bored with it. There is more to "history" then WW2/Nazism.

Yeah, an American friend of mine said the same thing. Said he and his friends jokingly refer to it as the "WW2 channel." History International seems pretty good, as does the Military Channel. There's a PBS Sidechannel called Create (I think?), which has some excellent history documentaries on it quite often.

Of course, but sadly there are not many filmed data about previous wars. So if you're a TV channel you pick whatever you have in hand. Radio, press, books, and other media can rely on more but TV certaily is constricted to moving images (ergo, film).
There is of WW1 and wars after WW2 but anyways I really don't need filmed footage of history. I just like hearing about history and illustrations is fine. But all I'm saying is it doesn't have to be about WW2 or Wars in general all the time. There is alot more to history then wars themselves.

That's a great song, one of my all-time Motorhead favorites. .
Yes, one of my favorite if not the favorite Motorhead songs. It reminds me of the book All Quiet on the Western Front. Good book.

Btw does anyone know if the original movie of this book was better then the Ernest Borgnine version? I want to watch it sometime.

I just like hearing about history and illustrations is fine.

Buy a pop-up book then :heh:

If you go to the Air & Space museum in D.C., there's a gallery for WWI planes and they had a recreation of a trench with a small TV looping the original "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930).

I recommend two very different but cool movies about that war "Joyeux Noël" (2005) and "Deathwatch" (2002).

I loved the album cover of Motorhead's 1916.

Lemmy does too, but to a degree - he regrets the French flag being omitted by mistake :D

I'm sure this interview is great, Lemmy's never been short with words :headbang:
All of you who still haven't read his biography "White Line Fever" - do it! It's a great read and you'll have a fair share of laugh... :Smug: