Lend me your ears! (Full song, vox soon) Melodic Metal!

poidaobi

Held in Hollows
Mar 19, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Greetings Brethren.

Before you is a song I wrote/recorded a few months ago. It's basically all done minus some editing (fade outs) etc and some removing of drum guides. And of course the vocals which I'm hoping to record soon.

Drums = DFHS (Sonar) Kit. Kick blended w/ a "Caliban" kick and Pearl Snare w/ something I can't remember.

Bass = a Cort5 stringer DI'ed with "Helian" Bass Sim

Strings = Soundfonts - "Orchestral Strings Part 1 and 2"

Guitars: LTD Explorer EMG 81---> 2 Tracks ENGL PB, 2 Tracks POD BB+TS9

Just need you dudes to test it out on your speakers as it's mixed on headphones and quite often the bass is just not ...well... correct. :p
I can't upload to the FTP. It's down so Soundlick will unfortunately have to do

SONG 10 - Poidaobi

Cheers :headbang:

héhé i recognize the riff starting at 1'46 :)

I think using 2 tracks of POD in addition to the ENGL PB tracks may fatten up your tone but also make it less tight and more messy. I'd be really curious to hear the ENGL PB tracks only (panned hard 100% left and 100% right)

I can't really help out with the speaker testing since my fiance has basic acer computer speakers but I'm glad I gave a listen to this one, I dig the epic vibe.
Might just be my own influences but I'm hearing some Manowar in there, also I REALLY like the "song2demo" at the bottom of the list.
I'd like to hear that one re-recorded with all the bells, whistles & etc

hey great job man. This reminds me of the stuff I write for my black metal project. What bands influenced your writing style the most?

cool song, it's very european. I would like the guitars to be alittle more girthy, but i do like the tone - it could actually be the bass.

+1

Some dirty bass would be fucking killer.

Another thing, do you have synth strings in the back ground or is that reverb from the lead guitar?

hey poid, its beyondtheembrace....from ESP. I love this song man....sounds good to my ears, I got a surround sound system on my comp. Love the drums! Love the tone! Dual miced?

I think the guitars could do with some more body and maybe a hair less hi mids. Although that was from poor tracking.

Ericlingus. Um...I'm mainly influences by Gothenburgy Melodeath. Dimmu. BlackNeonBob! :kickass:

There is some background synth running basically throughout the whole song.

I didn't Dual mic it BTE. Just 2X Single tracks. It's probably 60-40 to the POD though because I don't think I tracked the PB all that well. Much better at it now though.

The thing is I recorded it originally with the POD. Then just added ENGL for the sake of it. (which was ages ago). I did a horrific mic job so the ENGL sounds poor on it's own unfortunately.

Ahh well. All my new shit will be 5150/Powerball blend anyway.