less than 800 seats sold for Champaign IL show

I_am_138

New Metal Member
Aug 10, 2005
I was on the Priest board and read that less than 800 seats have been sold for the Priest/Anthrax show in Champaign IL for Tuesdays show. I even called the number and the dude that answered said yep thats sounds right, a little high but close enough. Man thats pretty fucken pathetic. They should just cancel that show. Isnt Champaign a college town anyway. Not many college kids are into old school metal these days.

http://www.judaspriest.com/notice/forum.asp?topicid=77

I would LOVE to be at a show with 800 people. It would be like they were playing for me personally. Granted I'm sure it wouldn't be that great if it was like that at every show.

I'm going. They better not cancel!! They will probably never ever come here again.
This town sucks anyway. It was the same for VanHalen last year. Hardly anyone came.
It's embarrassing. Sorry Anthrax but this town is pathetic!
After this show the Foofighters and Weezer are playing and my guess is is that they sold alot more tickets.
This Fucking bullshit top40 radio station 93.5 has had nothing to do with this Priest/Anthrax show. No commercials and they dont even play their songs.
But of course they play faggot music like Foofighters and weezer.
It fucking pisses me off!!!!!!!
This is very dissapointing.

I just looked up the university of illinios assembly hall website and the star theatre set up they have says 3,706 seats.
so thats 2,906 empty seats if only 800 tickets were sold.
Fucking pathetic college town. How humiliating.

Im guessing the show Im going to at Mark of the Quad in Illinois should have more people than that. Ha Maybe ill be the only person doing the meet and greet. That would kick ass, well for me not anthrax... I think quad is usually pretty packed though. Besides 800 is better than the crowd anthrax got here in iowa at the surf with bush. Barely filled up the floor no more than 200 I would say... if that... It could be that since there are two shows in illinois people would be drawn to one over the other. Quad is at the border of a lot of places such as iowa where I live so im sure it will have a bunch of people. :headbang:

jackson3124 said:
Im guessing the show Im going to at Mark of the Quad in Illinois should have more people than that. Ha Maybe ill be the only person doing the meet and greet. That would kick ass, well for me not anthrax... I think quad is usually pretty packed though. Besides 800 is better than the crowd anthrax got here in iowa at the surf with bush. Barely filled up the floor no more than 200 I would say... if that... It could be that since there are two shows in illinois people would be drawn to one over the other. Quad is at the border of a lot of places such as iowa where I live so im sure it will have a bunch of people. :headbang:

isn't that the size of a normal Trax show in the US??:loco:

among_the_dead said:
I'm going. They better not cancel!! They will probably never ever come here again.
This town sucks anyway. It was the same for VanHalen last year. Hardly anyone came.
It's embarrassing. Sorry Anthrax but this town is pathetic!
After this show the Foofighters and Weezer are playing and my guess is is that they sold alot more tickets.
This Fucking bullshit top40 radio station 93.5 has had nothing to do with this Priest/Anthrax show. No commercials and they dont even play their songs.
But of course they play faggot music like Foofighters and weezer.
It fucking pisses me off!!!!!!!
This is very dissapointing.

I don't know any colleges that have a big metal scene
It's not 87/88 anymore, so don't expect many sell outs, espeially since Priest just toured the US
What Top 40 ever played these two bands?

the last i heard champaign sold 1,097 tickets. They both put on a killer show! It was well worth $43.00 a ticket. They played like they were in front of 10,000 people though. totally awesome!

Wow that's pretty sick for a Priest show....they really played in front of 1.100 people? Priest should draw anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 judging from the attandance numbers from other shows.....

spacebeer said:
Wow that's pretty sick for a Priest show....they really played in front of 1.100 people? Priest should draw anywhere from 7,000 to 15,000 judging from the attandance numbers from other shows.....

Unfortunately, I think this is probably the case for most touring bands in the U.S. lately. Aside from summer festivals and a few different fly by night bullshit TRL bands, shows have really been lacking in attendance everywhere. I have seen about 15-20 shows this year and I can't remember one of them being sold out. I have a feeling that alot of bands are coming home and end up owing money.

spacebeer said:

That seems normal seeing that Champaign is a college town surrounded by miles and miles of corn and soy.

When I was going to school in Chambana (way back in '03), there weren't many metal heads on campus. A lot of people into either Dave Matthews or indie rock.