less than a month away...what are you all looking forward too??

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
for me...

getting to see Shok paris, oz, Omen, Tyrant's Reign all in one weekend. Plus being able to check out bands like Blood Feast, Demon Bitch, Innersiege, Seax, and tons more.

hitting the vendor tables.

meeting people that I have only talked to here or on facebook.

I'm looking forward to most of the bands, even though most I'm not familiar with the exception of Eldritch. I'm probably most curious about Oz; I just hope people stay for them.

Other than that, me trying to limit funds I spend will be interesting.

Yes, it's true.....
Bob did slap a full nelson on me once in the pit at a punk show.
But in true Bob punk-ass fashion, he hit me from behind.....

For me, in no particular order:
- Debut performance of Ancient Dreams
- Omen (the band out of the whole lineup I have wanted to see the longest)
- Tyrant's Reign (only got into them late last year. Was stoked when announced)
- Shok Paris
- WinterHawk (You are welcome people)
- The Gates of Slumber (New EP has put them back on the map as the premiere US doom act!)
- Oz (always liked these guys, not truly a raging fan or anything. As said above, I am curious to see who sticks around)
- October 31 (Honestly, not so much for their music but for King Fowley's stage banter)

Honorable mentions would go to Borrowed Time, Viking, InnerSiege, Olorin, etc, etc. Meaning bands I do want to see but given the circumstances of multiple stages, who knows what is going to happen!

Honestly, I personally am not planning on getting much from vendors simply because of so many bands playing who I may buy stuff from already.

I thought Hour of 13 was the premiere US doom act?

I said "With the release of their new EP" Read closer next time.......

The last TGOS full length took them back to their Saint Vitus worshipping roots.
Not saying its a bad thing, but they had grown so much since those days that when they went back to that, I felt it was a little bit of a backwards step.

Their new EP is stellar! The latest Hour of 13 full length is stellar as well.

You make it sound like going back to Saint Vitus roots is a bad thing when Saint Vitus are legendary! I thought that The Wretch was just as good as Hymns of Blood and Thunder and Conqueror, if not better. The Scourge of Drunkeness is such a great song. But yeah, their new EP does kill. The more I listen to it the more I enjoy it. Sons of Hades is killer.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to:
Oz (TURN THE CROSS BITCHES!)
Omen
Ashbury
Borrowed Time
Ancient Dreams
Lords of the Trident
Demon Bitch
Gatekrashor

And pretty much all of the other bands.

See, when they released Conqueror I had a raging stiffy for about a year.
They incorporated their obvious Rainbow and Purple influences, as much as their Vitus / Sabbath influences, and it worked.

Maybe it had something to do with getting the new drummer.

Nothing against him, but with Iron Bob back, I feel they are back on track!

I agree. Son of Hades is the EPs standout track!

I thought the only reason Bob wasn't on The Wretch was that he was busy with Apostle of Solitude and other projects. I do enjoy Bob's presence in the band. He has this connection with the rest of the guys that I just love. Plus, he's part of the creation of this hilarious video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because your band is made up of fans of true metal.
You guys support other bands and go to shows.
And you do a good job of promoting your band.

Speaking for myself, those are the types of qualities that attracts me to a band.

What I can NOT stand are bands who piss and moan about never getting breaks, but then do nothing to support their bands or any other band for that matter. They act like it is just something expected because they are a band. Luckily, this has not been the case really for any band past or present associated with this fest!