less than a month away...what are you all looking forward too??

Because your band is made up of fans of true metal.
You guys support other bands and go to shows.
And you do a good job of promoting your band.

Speaking for myself, those are the types of qualities that attracts me to a band.

What I can NOT stand are bands who piss and moan about never getting breaks, but then do nothing to support their bands or any other band for that matter. They act like it is just something expected because they are a band. Luckily, this has not been the case really for any band past or present associated with this fest!

this is all true...plus another important thing is that they are active on facebook and forums. People will check out a band they are "freinds" with and stuff. Like jason said...nothing worse than the whole complaining on not getting breaks.

This was also one of the things that started the second stage....more for bands who are supporters of the fest or have come in the past as a fan.

Yes!!! And furthermore the whole second stage opens up a great networking opportunity.

Speaking only for myself, I am less interested in certain bands who are playing due to the fact I have yet to see them do squat to promote their appearance at the festival. I certainly won't call them out by name. What I will say though is for me personally, this will make me less inclined to check them out or seek them out for doing shows in the future.

Yes, it's true.....
Bob did slap a full nelson on me once in the pit at a punk show.
But in true Bob punk-ass fashion, he hit me from behind.....

Of course he hit you from behind! How else are you going to put a full nelson on someone, fool! You should be glad Berserker Bob let you live to tell the tale! Now lemme tell you somethin', baby! Bob is the baddest man on the planet! That's right, baby! He could break an elephant's neck with his bare hands! Any man who steps into the ring with him is dead meat! Yeah, baby, yeah!

Yes!!! And furthermore the whole second stage opens up a great networking opportunity.

Speaking only for myself, I am less interested in certain bands who are playing due to the fact I have yet to see them do squat to promote their appearance at the festival. I certainly won't call them out by name. What I will say though is for me personally, this will make me less inclined to check them out or seek them out for doing shows in the future.

well so far most of the second stage acts are promoting the fest more than the main stage acts. I havent seen nor heard back from Ashes of Avarice in months. If anyone knows them personally...get in touch with them please.

Of course he hit you from behind! How else are you going to put a full nelson on someone, fool! You should be glad Berserker Bob let you live to tell the tale! Now lemme tell you somethin', baby! Bob is the baddest man on the planet! That's right, baby! He could break an elephant's neck with his bare hands! Any man who steps into the ring with him is dead meat! Yeah, baby, yeah!

Yeah, well, usually when you get a full nelson slapped on you its during a match.
This was 100% Bob Byrne style cheap shot!!!!

Eat Your Heart Out Rick Springfield!!!!!!

well so far most of the second stage acts are promoting the fest more than the main stage acts. I havent seen nor heard back from Ashes of Avarice in months. If anyone knows them personally...get in touch with them please.

Are they local?
I am not saying this to disrespect them but I can't say I even ever heard of them before.......

Maybe you can send an email to all the second stage bands urging them to up the promotions these last few weeks? Ask em to join the forum or participate in the FB group discussions.........

Are they local?
I am not saying this to disrespect them but I can't say I even ever heard of them before.......

Maybe you can send an email to all the second stage bands urging them to up the promotions these last few weeks? Ask em to join the forum or participate in the FB group discussions.........

they are from Peoria I guess. I cantacted all the members.....

actually all the other second stage bands have been doing great on promotion....

There really isnt anyone not pulling thier weight promoting it actually. Now the main stage acts...that is another story. It bugs me that bands wont promote a show they are playing.

Simon, they actually ARE going to be promoting in Germany.............

Furthermore, anything south of the I-80 is downstate......... I kid, I kid!!!!!

I was a big fan of Rantoul during my Champaign days. They had an amazing pawn shop with a great music room.
I got a lot of gear from there back in the day.

Now the main stage acts...that is another story. It bugs me that bands wont promote a show they are playing.

Well, what is even worse is the fact of how easy it is to promote a show.
Every band at minimum has a FB page. Create an event for crying out loud!!!!

I know many bands have this, "Hey, it's the promoter's job" mentality.
Though you can do it free of charge and take VERY little time.

Man, I hate to pull "old school" here, but back in the day, I would spend an entire day hitting up bars, restaurants, record stores, thrift stores, etc promoting my bands shows with flyers and other promo material. Its just what you did!

Now bands think they are entitled the red carpet treatment.

This is why I am seriously PROUD to be a part of this fest.
It's as much about the fans as it is about the bands / promoters / venue, etc...

No one EVER gets to trash talk this festival in my presence!!! :devil:

I am not just saying this because they are all my friends, but Odin, Thor, and now Bob, have done another amazing job this year!!

Hats of to all y'all!!!!!!!!!!

Any naysayers and those not willing to support??? :fu: