Let's get Jeff in Guitar World

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
You can write a letter to Guitar World magazine at:
soundingboard@guitarworld.com

I know many of us may have tried this before, but maybe a concerted effort from this board will wake them up...here is what I sent:

"I am writing this letter on behalf of all Nevermore fans, imploring you to give some respect and coverage to guitarist Jeff Loomis. The new CD "Enemies of Reality" is due out at the end of July, and once again Jeff has demonstrated his impressive array of speed, emotion and melody on this release. I feel that neither Jeff nor the band has gotten it's due from your magazine, and it is about time to recognize one of metal's most underrated guitarists!"

but he ain't no pretty boy, or linkin park wanna bee...

SO HE STAYS INTHE never to be heard of band BOYS

eh... i wouldnt necessarily call 99% of Loomis's solos wankage. listen to Deconstruction... hell, all of DNB. *shrugs shoulders* good thing he isnt a linkin park wannabe. i'd kill myself to think my favorite guitarist would sound like them

Most of poltics is good stuff too. No added shit.

ITS FUNNY.

SH62.jpg

dead6skin6mask6 said:
eh... i wouldnt necessarily call 99% of Loomis's solos wankage. listen to Deconstruction... hell, all of DNB. *shrugs shoulders* good thing he isnt a linkin park wannabe. i'd kill myself to think my favorite guitarist would sound like them

Agreed, his solos are anything but wanking.

Poison God said:
Agreed, his solos are anything but wanking.
Man, if they were wankage, he'd have a better shot at getting in. I almost punched myself in the face when I went into the UDF and looked at Guitar, this month. Het and Krk are on the cover, but what are the transcriptions? Ugh. I'd do just as well shoving my head through the soundhole on my acoustic...at least, then, there'd be some skill involved. (You ever try to fit your head through a soundhole?)

At any rate, I would love to see Jeff in ANY of these magazines. Gone are the days when you could pick up a mag and have a Satriani transcription, along side Ozzy, Met, some blues god and a classical wizard like John Williams (the guitarist, not the composer).

Hell, perhaps it's time to do an on-line guitar "mag" with *real* guitar masters and not these wanna-be hacks. If I had the resources, I'd host it...of course, if I deleted the NeverWinterNights linux resources, that'd be about 1.3G of space, reclaimed...

Aye, an email has been sent to get those guitarworld bastards to look at some real metal and not that other crap that the big record labels pay them off to promote.