Let's have some fun!!!!!! Shall we?

xxslick66xx

HACKZILLA
Sep 11, 2002
Hartford, CT C-Town!
Favorite Anthrax Song? And why?
Favorite Anthrax Singer? And why?
Favorite Anthrax Guitar Player? And Why?

AND THE MOTHER OF ALL QUESTIONS!
Favorite band to watch Charlie and Scott play in. Anthrax or S.O.D.? And why?

I'll give my answers later.

Begin!!!! :headbang:

Only...it was the first song I heard sang by my favourite Anthrax singer...fav Anthrax guitar player has to be Scott Ian - the only one of them I've ever interviewed ...and always Anthrax...S.O.D. was a nice joke back then...way to show that you're sort of a super fan...:)

T:)

Indians - Was the second song of them I´ve ever heard, after Madhouse, it blew me away, I bought ATL the next day and since then - 22 years ago - I´m infected.
John Bush - he can do both, bushthrax and the classics
Can´t say. Scott is a great rhythm guitar player, Dan did great leads - INDIANS! - but Rob does fit the WCFYA-line up so well, I guess it must be Scott and Rob nowadays.

Anthrax - No question.

Song, that's a tough one. Safe Home, or maybe the GOTE version of Among The Living.

Singer - John Bush. Because he's the fuckin' man.

Guitarist (if we're talking lead players) - I have to go with Rob Caggiano. I don't know if he's the best lead player technicality-wise or not, but I know he was awesome live with Anthrax the 7 times I saw them. Great guitar tone too. And a great engineer in the studio as well.
Almost every live bootleg or show (from many eras) I've heard of Dan Spitz with Anthrax, he had gear problems and his amp kept cutting out. That's not a reflection of his playing - but part of being a professional is having reliable gear!
If we're talking favorite Anthrax guitarist period, not just lead players, of course there would be no Anthrax without Scott Ian's awesome distinctive rythym playing. The Malcolm Young of metal.

As far as the band to see Scott and Charlie in - Anthrax. The WCFYA lineup. Why? They dominated live. And, SOD doesn't come close because it's just a fucking joke. Don't see how they can be taken seriously - even if they did create some monsterous riffs. It's just stupid shit (which, I enjoy, but I hardly take it as seriously as Anthrax) - never did see them live though.

Favorite Anthrax Song? And why? -

Metal Thrashing Mad, it's heavy yet very simple. Lyrically it's freakin' badass, I like how the song slowly builds up at the line "Got my foot pinned to the floor". I also like the updated versions they did with Joey and later Bush.

My Runner-ups: Lone Justice, Madhouse, Only

Joey Belladonna. He gave Anthrax alot of color and character to their image which really made them stand out more than any other Thrash Metal act around that time. He was the main reason to crack a smile during the bands heaviest moments. The first 3 Belladonna albums were colorful but the colors turned dark for the album Persistence of time which was a great exit for him.

Runner-ups
John Bush. He was the voice of Anthrax longer than any other singer, he was able to bring Anthrax back to their street level and help shape a more heavier side to the band.

Neil Turbin. This guy had attitude! Not only that but he was a wild shrieker. Too bad he only had one album with the band

Dan Nelson. I originally labeled him as a Phil Anselmo clone, but as time went on and seeing him perform, he molded a voice of his own for the band. He was heavy as Bush yet Melodic as Belladonna. Too Bad He got kicked out before the album was even released

Scott Ian. He's one of the primary writers for the songs and he blends well with any guitarist on the face of this earth.

Runner-ups: Dan Spitz, Rob Caggiano, Paul Crook

Favorite Anthrax Song? Indians, it was the song that got me hooked on Anthrax. I remember seeing it on headbangers ball so many years ago and having to rush out to the record store the next day to get the album
Favorite Anthrax Singer? Joey--it was different from the other bands from the thrash scene, and it really added a lot to the music, the punishing riffs with the melodic vocals
Favorite Anthrax Guitar Player? Spitz--because he could write really excellent solos that had feel to them

Favorite band to watch Charlie and Scott play in. Anthrax or S.O.D.? Anthrax--do you really need an answer

Fav song: “Belly of the Beast” - I just think its one of the most powerful metal songs ever written. A simple riff, that just hits you in the gut hard, also one of my favorite vocal performances from Joey.

Runners up: ”Only,” “Fueled,” “Hy Pro Glo,” “Crush,” What Doesn’t Die,” and “Caugh in a mosh.”

Fav singer: Bush, hands down.

Fav guitarist: Scott right hand is the glue that holds together the killer sounds of the band.

I love S.O.D., but Anthrax of course.

EDIT: I just remembered 1000 Points of Hate and Sodium Pentathol... fuck its too hard to pick just 1 favorite.

cool answers.... here are mine

Favorite Anthrax Song? Inside Out - totally heavy yet totally mellow with a really cool vibe, plus Dime's solo is outstanding! Second Place. Safe Home. Only. Be All End All!!!!
Favorite Anthrax Singer? John Bush. I loved Joey but go listen to "Ball Of Confusion" End of Story. Never got to see Dan sing.
Favorite Anthrax Guitar Player? Tie!!! Paul Crook and Rob!! Paul is totally the "BETTER" of the two when it comes to down right skill, I loved the blonde hair too! lol ANd Rob is just straight up fresh and creative! Both rule. Spitz... when I was a kid I thought it was the best, as it turns out he was only the best for two records Speading and Among... after that he started to fall off if you as me? Speed isn't everything so is solo and heart.

Favorite band to watch Charlie and Scott play in. Anthrax or S.O.D.? And why? This one is a total tuff one for me to answer for obvious reasons. So I'm not answering it! hahahahahahahahh!!!

Favorite Anthrax Song? And why?

Favorite band to watch Charlie and Scott play in. Anthrax or S.O.D.? And why?

I'll give my answers later.

Begin!!!! :headbang:

Catharsis. It hits close to home.
John Bush. Cuz Dude...hes John Fuckin Bush! nuff said
Frank. He is a maniac on stage. Non stop entertainment.
Anthrax. John and Frank were never in SOD. Haaa.

Simply stated

Best song [can't pick just one] Inside out, Room For one More, Catharsis, Black Lodge, Only and Safe Home
Guitarist- Paul Crook Why? He put his own stamp of the older material.
Singer [easy] John Bush...Why, Because he gave Anthrax back their credibility not to mention he's one of the most original metal singers around.

Song - Caught in a Mosh. Sums up Anthrax to me. Fast, heavy, melodic, great lead, and the infamous 'mosh part'.
Guitarist - how can you go past Scott?
Singer - Bush. But I became a big fan of Dan these last 12 months ago and had huge hopes for the band with him at the helm. So disappointed that he's out.
As for the Thrax / SOD question - no contest. Anthrax.