LET's MAKE FUN OF BANDS WHO MAKE UP THEIR OWN SUBGENRES HERE - MOTW INCLUDED

Bal Sagoth has the longest album/song titles EVER in EXISTENCE. They should do battle with whoever in the band decided to use said titles.

Example- 2nd album titled:
Starfire Burning Upon The Ice-Veiled throne of Ultima Thule

Track listing:
1. Interactive CD-ROM Track (equals 4.59 audio)

2. Black Dragons soar above the Mountain of Shadows (3.05)

3. To dethrone the Witch-Queen of Mytos K'unn (The legend of the battle of Blackhelm Vale) (6.45)

4. As the Vortex illuminates the cystalline walls of Kor-Avul-Thaa (6.35)

5. Starfire burning upon the ice-veiled throne of Ultima Thule (7.23)

6. Journey to the Isle of Mists (Over the moonless depths of night-dark seas) (1.11)

7. The Splendour of a thousand swords gleaming beneath the blazon of the Hyperborean Empire (6.03)

8. And lo, when the Imperium marches against Cul-Kothoth, then dark sorceries shall enshroud the Citadel of the Obsidian Crown (6.28)

9. Summoning the Guardians of the Astral Gate(6.09)

10. In the Raven-haunted forests of Darkenhold, where Shadows reign and the hues of sunlight never dance (6.29)

11. At the altar of the Dreaming Gods (2.29)

Originally posted by Novembers Paul
Macabre calls their style "Murder Metal".
Yeah, and although they're not around any more and were never really tagged with this sort of genre title, I guess Acid Bath were sort of like Murder Metal too- each album cover was done by someone associated with murders/killings, as well as a lot of the songs. Not as much as Macabre, though. They're just chock full o' dat.

well here's a stupid question for everyone then. if you were to form a metal band(whether or not you play music is not relevant at this point) and you were to create your own subgenre based on your personality or your interests(as the members of macabre are into serial killers henceforth they are "murder metal" as it dominates their musical and lyrical themes) what would you call it?

For me it could be a number of options:

Buffy-metal
Clumsy-metal
Cracked Lens of Glasses-metal
Self-depricating metal

what kind of metal are you?

Originally posted by chupe666

Yeah, and although they're not around any more and were never really tagged with this sort of genre title, I guess Acid Bath were sort of like Murder Metal too- each album cover was done by someone associated with murders/killings, as well as a lot of the songs. Not as much as Macabre, though. They're just chock full o' dat.
:D Indeed, Acid Bath's first album was a self-portrait by John Wayne Gacy as Pogo the clown (see avatar to the left). Their second album was a drawing by Jack Kevorkian. They had 2 radio edit cds, which were drawn by Richard "Night Stalker" Ramirez and Kenneth "The Hillside Strangler" Bianchi. Their songs did contain a lot of graphic material that went along the same theme. :)

I guess viking metal might belong here as well with bands like Thyrfing, Einherjer, Isengard, etc. I'm not sure which band was first to coin the name viking metal.

Originally posted by chupe666
Bal Sagoth has the longest album/song titles EVER in EXISTENCE. They should do battle with whoever in the band decided to use said titles.

I think that folk singer Shawn Philips has the longest song title ever, off his second contribution record:

She Was Waitin' For Her Mother At The Station In Torino And You Know I Love You Baby But It's Getting Too Heavy To Laugh

Not even funny

A Silver Mt. Zion's album called "He Has Left Us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms..." is pretty long as well.

We can't overlook Anal Cunt's side project Impaled Northern Moon Forest. They have some extremely long/hilarious song titles that make fun of Black Metal bands and typical song titles. Check them out if you haven't heard them...they knee-slap for the drums and have BM vocals. Some song titles are:

-Gazing at the Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop a Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest of the Northern Mountain

-Entranced by the Northern Impaled Necrowizard's Blasphemous Incantation Amidst the Agonizing Abomination of the Lusting Necrocorpse

-Summoning the Unholy Frozen Winterdemons to the Grimmest and Most Frostbitten Inverted Forest of Abazagorath

-Lustfully Worshipping the Inverted Moongoat While Skiing Down the Inverted Necromountain of Necrodeathmortum

etc.

:D

Originally posted by Baliset
well here's a stupid question for everyone then. if you were to form a metal band(whether or not you play music is not relevant at this point) and you were to create your own subgenre based on your personality or your interests(as the members of macabre are into serial killers henceforth they are "murder metal" as it dominates their musical and lyrical themes) what would you call it?

INTERNET METAL