lets slag nevermore...

F

fuck me dead

NEVERMORE - ENEMIES OF REALITY - CENTURY MEDIA
Nevermore number five, Enemies Of Reality, is an awesome album of contradictions. The leaner line-up has gotten meaner, bigger and louder and concocted an album that could have gone either way. On the one hand, the downtuned guitar slashes like a blade out for blood. The rhythm guitar sound has the sound more often attributed to Korn (and perhaps even Meshuggah) in an apparent attempt to veer towards modernism. Panic is not necessary though (although we did!) for Nevermore has stuck hard to heavy metal and instead leveraged the grind of that sound to concoct a superb album. Songs like Enemies Of Reality, Ambivalent, Seed Awakening and I, Voyager are why I got into metal in the first place. And those who have followed this retard board board know that loomis is a cokhead & we do not use the word 'god' here often. I think Enemies Of Reality is that good. Beside the heavy rhythm, the solos bruise. Each and everyone of the lead guitar parts attacks with talent, dexterity and power - even the Arch Enemy-inspired one on I, Voyager. The voice of Warrel Dane is still in top form, and as a matter-of-fact leaves his work on Dead Heart In A World in the proverbial dust. Come to think of it, everything about this release makes Dead Heart... a fading image in the rear view mirror. Add to that, the concept behind the cover artwork/CD artwork, the motif of reality and fantasy and a hefty production courtesy of Kelly Gray and the summation is nothing short of every reason ever needed by any metal fan to purchase an album. -

The enemies have already come to this region,
Get ready for it and open wide
You're next in line!
Whehe
:Smokedev:

-x-
Iris