Let's Soft Ryche?!

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
About a decade ago it would have been let's Hard Rcyhe.
Picked up "Tribe" Tuesday. I was a little excited, my hands were sweating, I couldn't grip the disc very well...
Hell, it was 107 degrees & I could careless...
I had the new Ryche disc in my sweaty paws!
I finally got the T-Bone seal off the disc & popped the mother in the only
car stereo.
I was in shocked at the sounds that came from the speakers!
First thought was another turd like W.A.S.P.'s "Dying for the World!"
Why? Well, it's clear that there's a Sept. 11th Influence to this recording... As light as this was on the Guitar & little to no bottom end I let the disc roll. After a couple spins it became a little more enjoyable. In fact, it wasn't that bad. It's not what I think about when some says "Queensryche." Overall it's a better effort than Q2K & at least they rid themselves of that Kelly Grey. I think that this sound is closer to "Slave to the System" than to Ryche. Who's Slave to the System? It's Scott's band that he has with Kelly Grey...
I don't understand how people kept on comparing this to
Creed with only a couple of listens to sound samples?!

Well, i posted it twice before and i'll post it again: I see Queensryche as a progressive rock band with some slight metal elements to keep at least some sort of hard edge, but they are a progressive rock band now, no longer full-on progressive metal. And this realization helps me accept HITNF and Tribe alot easier (but not Q2K, either way, it sucks.), because i know that they are set in their ways now, and they will never go back to an older sound. Afterall, re-living past styles IS a sin in the progressive world. :) I actually dig the new album quite a bit. It's their best album since Promised Land, IMO. I really like the middle eastern, tribal flavor throughout, i think it adds a little extra something that puts it to the next level. Mindcrime and Rage For Order it's not, but for a modern progressive rock album, it's pretty decent.

I'm really enjoying the album except for "Desert Dance". It's way better than Q2K, and I feel pretty much the same way as the previous two posts so there's no need to repeat it. I'm gonna see them Sept. 19th, should be a great show.