Metal Church/Ryche/TKO/EVH

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
While I was in Seattle, I stopped by The Experience Music Project.
I was amazed at some of the stuff they have in there, aside from the KISS stuff, which I hit first, just cos', I saw a guitar & amp & head that once was used by Eddie Van Halen. It's one of his "frankenstien" guitars, said it was circa '84, though it looked too, clean to be from that era. So KISS was okay, EVD was cool, and then I looked over at the grunge era stuff, they have some cool stuff from Soundgarden, Pearl Jam & Alice in Chains, no I didn't forget Nirvana & all the others, I just wasn't really impressed. The thing that really floored me was the guitar, bass & drumkit that they have from Queensryche from the '88 Mindcrime Tour! Unreal, I got a hard on from that one! Above they had a jumbotron running an interview with ryche, TKO, Metal Church & Forced Entry... The gem in this exibit for me was the Metal Church guitar that they have on display! It's the burnt guitar that was used for the s/t album! Damn, I wanted to take that one home! Unfortunately, not pics or video in the building! I wish I could have snapped some shots for you guys to check out. Overall, it was good, could have had more metal, but then again it's never enough.

Everything I've heard about this place makes it sound much better than that RnR Tomb in Cleveland. But I hear that it may be closing soon.... is that true?!!

That is cool as fuck that thay have the burnt Metal Church guitar!!!!

Yeah, it could be closing, great blues stuff there too. To be honest, it was dead & it was on a weekend. Their store was closed so any chnace on picking up any goodies was shot. I was hoping on picking up a book or something with some of the items that I wasn't able to get pics of. That was a bummer. They aren't getting the revenue to help support the place. Paul Allen is in finacial troubles everything he owns is turning to shit, including the Portland Trailganstas...