My work weapons

Glock%2022.jpg

870-01.jpg

off duty

18327476.16.jpg

and my 2 to keep around the house

beretta92_04.jpg

desert-eagle-01.jpg

If people want to be able to wield these weapons, they should join the military, IMO. I know many will disagree, but that's just my opinion. I hope I haven't offended anyone too much, but oh well.
No, I agree. Only police and military should carry weapons. But then again, I don't know what it's like in the US, where everyone and his brother can walk around with a 9mm.

I fucking hate guns.
Maybe because I REALLY had to use them in military I hate them... call me crazy.
Is that the new hobby these days?

I don't fucking get it...

I don't get it either. Seems most of those civilians-with-guns are people who have no idea how dangerous those things are. Posing in front of a mirror is all nice and good, but fact is, most people who actually carry weapons because it's their job know how ugly and dangerous those things are.

Karen, I've always wondered this. In the US military, we'd get smacked for calling the weapon, "a gun". Is the US military the only one this anal about this nomenclature or is it other militaries as well?
Well, I can't speak for the military, but at police school we always referred to our revolvers as a "weapon". Never as "guns" or "revolvers" (the Flemish equivalents of those words, of course). I think it's mainly because it sounds so stupid, so TV-like, and "weapon" sounds a bit more serious.

Anyway, you all probably know my opinion about weekend warriors, wannabe's, watched-too-much-TV's and other civilians with firearms, so I won't get started on that. Since we're discussing firearms, my service weapon is a S&W M64, 4" .38 SPL+P. Sure, it's not the newest of weapons, but it gets its ugly job done, and it's reliable to a fault.

Do those mentally retarded, too-scared-to-join-the-military, I-wanna-play-army-in-the-woods militias still exist in the US? I remember years ago there were a few who were starting to get out of hand with their redneck ideals.

No, I agree. Only police and military should carry weapons. But then again, I don't know what it's like in the US, where everyone and his brother can walk around with a 9mm.

I don't get it either. Seems most of those civilians-with-guns are people who have no idea how dangerous those things are. Posing in front of a mirror is all nice and good, but fact is, most people who actually carry weapons because it's their job know how ugly and dangerous those things are.

Yeah, they are ugly and unnecessary...
The odds that someone will break into your house for you to even justify having one, are lower than getting hit by a lightning...
And if they are not lower than that- then you need to move.

but what do I know.
I was never in a situation like that. Maybe I'll speak differantly if
someone would break into my hosue and rape me, and I'll be sorry
I didn't have a gun to shoot his brainzzzz. :rolleyes:

LOL!

I remember this from when I was a kid, though. They may not exist anymore. I remember watching 20/20 and they did a special on them. There were all these fat, bearded rednecks with automatic rifles, wearing BDUs bought from a military surplus store, "training" in the woods. Their argument was along the lines of, "This country won the Revolutionary War due to militias" and other bullshit like that. Well, that fact isn't bullshit, but it's bullshit to put that in the context of modern times. We're not exactly scalping people in their sleep, these days.

They were quite organized, and that was what was so scary. They had their own platoons, companies, and even divisions. Scary.

It's really amazing how the only people who understand my "lame" comment are the non-American ones...

Naw, I'm not trying to antagonise. I've merely got some wariness about gun culture gaining prevalence in this country; knife culture is intimidating enough in some areas as it is, in my view.

But, this thread has ventured on enough red herrings without me hijacking it further, haha.

I agree, but mainly about the hunting part. I used to hunt a lot when I was a kid and it was a nice experience, even if you didn't get anything.

Much agreed. I enjoy this often, even if I'm by myself; yet I've had little experience with "proper" guns...
Still, Hunting <3

^ you know, I actually never meant to say this comment as a "bad" thing or not even to "generalize" Americans as "americans omg"
is was really an innocent remark because it is really amazing to me how people in this country
are into guns, versus other places... 's all :)

but yeah... where's my Hoegaarden, NL?!?!