Let's talk about separating the music from the musician as it relates to internerds

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
Like for example, if Ihsashn or Steve Von Till was posting the same inane crap about Limp Bizkit, capture the flag, or liquid nitrogen ice cream that we all are, would you like their band less? Would you like their band more? Or would you completely separate their music from what they post?

Personally I'd like the band more. I can't stand when artists take themselves totally serious; if I can't like them as a person, it makes it harder for me to listen knowing that I don't like them. If I never know either way whether they're a goof or a self important butthead, there's not a problem I guess.

I agree. Maybe it's just hard to imagine an artistic monolith not spending 100% of their time on their art.. I mean if you're playing on the internerd, how can you focus?

But I don't buy that, anyway. I bet Ernest Hemingway would have posted some crazy shit!

for me it's interesting to read what the musicians have to say, even if it's just fukking around and silly jokes. creative people are always fun!

Originally posted by D Mullholand
for me it's interesting to read what the musicians have to say, even if it's just fukking around and silly jokes. creative people are always fun!
That Sigur Ros is purty damn good. I suggest anyone that didn't hear it yet to go to this guy's house and demand he play it for you while he makes you waffles with REAL maple syrup- none of that Mrs. Butterworthless crap.

Originally posted by chupe666
That Sigur Ros is purty damn good. I suggest anyone that didn't hear it yet to go to this guy's house and demand he play it for you while he makes you waffles with REAL maple syrup- none of that Mrs. Butterworthless crap.

I have it, but I'm going round for the waffles! :D

Originally posted by chupe666
food suks. let's play fotbol.

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Like for example, if Ihsashn or Steve Von Till was posting the same inane crap about Limp Bizkit, capture the flag, or liquid nitrogen ice cream that we all are, would you like their band less? Would you like their band more? Or would you completely separate their music from what they post?

Quite honestly I hate Ishahn's attitude. I have doen interviews with him and he never is anything but serious and intense. I admire the fac that he can do that but you have to get out of this caracter that you made for yourself, have a laugh buddy.

Steve Von Till is a goof ball. He is extremely serious about his art but he is not a very serious person when it comes to one to one conversation about anything and everything. Don't try to be funny in saying that his music is shit in his face though... you might see a very intense look there...

I honestly like when people just try to be themselves and not try to ipersonate the son of the satan that they are portraying on stage.

Agreed, I enjoy when a band can just have fun with their fans and not take themselves so seriously. I think I'll like this forum a lot...definitely a lot moreso than say someone we shall call Mr. V. :D

Originally posted by FuSoYa
Like for example, if Ihsashn or Steve Von Till was posting the same inane crap about Limp Bizkit, capture the flag, or liquid nitrogen ice cream that we all are, would you like their band less?

yeah, absolutely

Originally posted by xfer
My Latin teacher in high school had a stain on his pants in the exact shape of Mrs. Butterworth.
gf28e.gif

Under-Librarian Mrs Jill Butterworth examining one of the manuscripts bequeathed to the University Library by Professor William Robertson Smith, the noted semiticist. who died 100 years ago.

http://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/Taylor-Schechter/GF/gf28e.html