letter I just sent to the New Yorker

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
re: Phillip Gourevitch's Kerry/Iraq article in the latest issue

Gourevitch said that Allawi's speech to Congress "might as well have been drafted by a Bush campaign speechwriter". On September 30th, the Washington Post published reports that Allawi was indeed coached by Bush Administration officials, including former Coalition Provisional Authority spokesman Dan Senor. After Kerry suggested that Allawi was unduly influenced by the Bush Administration, he was attacked for "trying to tear [Allawi] down and trash all the good that has been accomplished" by Cheney and shame-shamed by Bush, in an amazing display of disingenuousness.

pray.gif

lizard, my friend Gabe is also big into that boycott thing, and has sent Sinclair several letters.

Sam, I know, but I wanted to keep my letter as absolutely factual as possible, and I'm sure they wrote the speech (there were Post articles comparing, point-by-point, Bush's speeches to Allawi's speech and finding an amazing number of exactly the same rhetorical points), but nobody can challenge the stuff I said in my letter at all.

(FYI, right at this moment I am being challenged by archconservative friends on a yahoogroup I CCed the letter to. the thrust of their argument is that even though it is true, it was not polite of Kerry to call our ally a puppet)