Leviathan - Massive Conspiracy Against All Life

Bearing in mind that I like nothing that I have heard from this band (the Xasthur/Leviathan split, The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide and Verräter), is this album really worth picking up at all?

The similarities to DsO that have been mentioned in various places are really the only things that are causing me to even consider getting this.

I haven't heard the new ablum, but the DsO similartities can be found on The Blind Wound EP. I'd suggest getting that, and if you don't like it then maybe Leviathan isn't for you, but since you didn't like the two Leviathan songs on the Xasthur/Leviathan split I'd say it already isn't for you.

Wrest shows that he can still make a quality black metal album. I actually think this is the best one he's done. I was extremely impressed with this album.

Leviathan is shit.

:lol: well I couldnt go that far.

Its okay imo... certainly hugely over-rated though. As far as American stuff goes, its better than most that the country produces.

I think Wrest's talents are better utilised in Lurker of Chalice anyway. Far more unique and creative imo.

"Tentacles" is not an easy album, I tried it a few times and didn't like it. How does it compare to "The Tenth Sub level"?

Wanna know if it's worth checking it...

speaking as someone who doesn't like black metal (Enslaved, WitTR, LA, and Summoning excepted), including what I've heard of Wrest's previous work, I really enjoy this release

take that as you will...

also the name is sweet