Licenced Floyd Rose replacement parts

Nebulous

Daniel
Dec 14, 2003
Brookfield, VIC, Australia
I have two Jacksons, a PS2 and DK2M. The DK2M is in pretty good condition, but the PS2 is starting to need some TLC.

On top of the re-fret I think it may need, the LFR bridge could benifiet to have some parts replaced: fine tuners, string bocks and possibly saddles.

So my question to those who may know: can I use OFR parts to replace these, or do I have to buy shoddy LFR parts again because the sizes or threads won't match?

Also, can anyone recommend any good/ cheap sites for these parts?
I searched around but some things like the saddles could cost a bit, which on top of the re-fret could mean spending more on this guitar than I paid for it.

I have the same problem with my PS-4.

It was made in 97" and I need a whole new Floyd.

But where can I find the dimensions or a Floyd that fits????

Also vote for entire tremolo replacement :)
In Russia very popular choice for replacement is Gotoh floyd rose, many guys thinks that is better than OFR (due to construction) and it is cheaper.
But main question is about fitting it to particular guitar. LFR has shorter routing which is not suitable for OFR or Gotoh due to long string lock screws, Shaller FTR-II can be option if baseplate will fit routing.

FWIW, many LFRs are simply much better than OFRs.. Lighter, more solid, lower profile..

To be honest I've only played on guitar with an OFR, but it was too long ago for me to remember if there was much difference. One of my guitars (DK2M) has the JAckson lo-pro bridge which is quite comfortable, but likewise I feel that at least the fine tuners are letting the whole bridge down as I have to keep tuning them wach time I pick the guitar up.

I really want to like Floyds for the sake of not being limited to guitar choice, but ironically their tuning instability can give me the shits! My TOM Schecter C1 holds so much better with just locking tuners.