need help to determine a warped neck

updog

May 9, 2009
Finland
so i'm getting pretty scared here. need you guys to help me see if i've actually fucked up my guitar's neck.

i have a brand new Schecter Blackjack ATX which i slightly adjusted the truss rod of, since i wanted to be able to play in lower tunings and there seemed to be quite a bit of fret buzz even as it is when i first got it.

now i'm not a complete idiot when it comes to adjusting the truss rod, and i thought i was EXTREMELY careful with it. i only did about 1/8 turns at a time, and let it set for 24 hours after some adjusting even though from what i understand, Schecter guitars would be affected by the adjustments immediately (just something i read, but i wanted to play safe and waited)

the problem is, there have been some problems staying in tune recently. i also noticed that there's now a small crack at the foot of the nut, in line with the fretboard. whether or not this has always been here, or come to be because i've hit the guitar or something (haven't really), i can't really tell. what makes me shit my pants is that's where the fretboard cracks when you've fucked the neck up, isn't it?

the problems seem to focus on the first and second physically highest strings. i'm currently doing some intensive testing as to how fast those two strings go off tune, and i'm also wondering if these problems could be just that i'd need higher gauge strings. i'm only tuned to C though not lower than that.

i tried looking at the fretboard from the pups towards the tuners but wasn't sure what to look for. it didn't look exactly fucked up but it wasn't completely straight or anything either. should i try to take a picture or something?

Sure, try a pic. You want a bit of a bow in the neck, but I'm no expert and I can't give any measurements or anything.

Good luck man! Hope your axe isn't effed. If it is, and you JUST got it, return that shit!