Life-Changing albums

Pink Floyd - The Wall (got me into good music)
Sepultura - Roots (got me into metal)
Cradle of Filth - Dusk and her Embrace (got me into black metal)
MDB - Like gods of the sun (got me into doom metal)
Evoken - Quietus (got me into really heavy doom metal)
In The Woods... - Omnio (got me into in the woods...)
Covenant - United states of Mind (got me into the idea that not all electronic music is bad and just for mindless disco-folks)

@dragonlady: hollenthon doesn't do much for me. It's cool to hear a song of them, but long before the songs end, i'm already tired of em...

Strangelight said:
wow, a Peter Criss fan!?! what was that song about the kind of sugar papa likes?

"That's the kind of sugar papa likes" is the title of the song from that album. That was my first album at 5. My sister bought it didn't like it, so I took it.

Of course the song I really relate to this day is "Easy Thing". One of the great love lost ballads of our time IMO

aaand when lots af clubs have serious financial problems (Barcelona has a debt of 200 millions of EUROS!!!!!! :eek: ), they go bankruptly in belgium... why? i mean they can still go on like any other team in other countries, but hell no. in belgium players earn not quite much. they dont buy good players (so thyre cheap) and then theyre amazed the dutch teams are doing much better (esp Feyenoord and Ajax)

Mariner said:
aaand when lots af clubs have serious financial problems (Barcelona has a debt of 200 millions of EUROS!!!!!! !:eek: ), they go bankruptly in belgium... why? i mean they can still go on like any other team in other countries, but hell no. in belgium players earn not quite much. they dont buy good players (so thyre cheap) and then theyre amazed the dutch teams are doing much better (esp Feyenoord and Ajax)

:Smug: Footy still sucks:Spin::p

Dhatura said:
Faith No More: The Real Thing
Tori Amos: Boys for Pele
Ossian: A Rock katonái :D

I thought i posted this already but i ask again:

Who the fuck are Ossian and why are the fucking with me name?? :( :(

DragonLady1 said:
hm, I think also Summoning and Hollenthon really touched me, specially Hollenthon! Schirenc rules ;)

Anyone out there who likes these bands?

Summoning rules life, i think they have gotten better with every album (something rare for band) their last one "Let Mortal Heroes..." is a masterpiece. Hollenthon are pretty good too.

So many to name
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Anathema - Serenades/Eternity
Alice In Chains - Dirt
Faith No More - The Real Thing
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Iron Maiden - anyone up until 7th son
Decoryah - Fall Dark Waters
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Morgana Lefay - The Secret Doctrine
Emperor - Anthems...
katatonia - Brave murder Day/Discouraged Ones

I need to stop lol

hm, some of ...
Pestilence - Consuming Impulse
Gorefest - Mindloss
Entombed - Left Hand Path
Cathedral - Forest Of Equilibrium
Paradise Lost - Gothic
My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
Anathema - Eternity
The Gathering - Mandylion

insidethefall said:
Wow someone else who loves "A Deeper Kind of Slumber" I know a lot of people dislike it, but it's one of the most dark and emotionally depressing albums ever made. beautiful!

i think it's Tiamats best Album! pity, they sold out....

they haven't sold-out goddammit! skeleton skeletron is me fave tiamat album and judas christ is very good. how come they've sold-out? have you seen the cover of judas christ? does it look like a sold-out cover?

:Spin:

sorry don't like their direction after ADKOS. A few songs were ok, but nothing special to me.
btw are they going to release sth new in the near future?

SS iskinda shite. best song is sympathy for the devil, says enough...

i love JP yeah, and Wildhoney of course. and ADKOS is good as well

that's fine but it doesn't mean they've sold out. anyways, i don't think they'll release something soon... probably at least after a year from now...