Lights Out Review

hey pieter so you know this Hedwig and the angry inch movie? cool - at least im not the only person to know it hehe
i got the cd here, it's a cool one :)

thats stupid. no fuckin need to compare two different artists just because they were in a band before together.. and gilmour does it good, hes professional and such, not only with session shit, i just bought his DVD which is awesome (and after all he plays those first-rate solos). Waters rules though and I saw him live last year (strange but he has good session people and much money spent on monumental live shit as well.. ) and hes great, but hes a bit hm.. overrated as well and annoyingly big-headed, and too much hate and stuff, still needs some pshichiatrist :) Final cut is a special album for me, has lots of meaning and I like to listen to his solo things, amused to death... but they are a bit too sick in a way, and i really dont like this women-church-choir thing and those god things at all. 'he went too far the fucker', i think. If i need to choose from gilmour and waters, I choose Pink Floyd. whatever that means like

my favs:
wish you were here - wywh, shine on you..
division bell - high hopes
meddle - echoes (for darkest moments)
final cut - final cut, gunners dream, 2 suns...
momentary lapse - sorrow, yet another movie
wall - all.. and hey you, confortably numb
dark side of the moon - time (my favourite guitar solo here)
and ummagumma live - careful with that axe eugene (i like it cos i can play the bass and even remember to the lyrics lol)

Dora said:
thats stupid. no fuckin need to compare two different artists just because they were in a band before together.. and gilmour does it good, hes professional and such, not only with session shit, i just bought his DVD which is awesome (and after all he plays those first-rate solos). Waters rules though and I saw him live last year (strange but he has good session people and much money spent on monumental live shit as well.. ) and hes great, but hes a bit hm.. overrated as well and annoyingly big-headed, and too much hate and stuff, still needs some pshichiatrist :) Final cut is a special album for me, has lots of meaning and I like to listen to his solo things, amused to death... but they are a bit too sick in a way, and i really dont like this women-church-choir thing and those god things at all. 'he went too far the fucker', i think. If i need to choose from gilmour and waters, I choose Pink Floyd. whatever that means like

my favs:
wish you were here - wywh, shine on you..
division bell - high hopes
meddle - echoes (for darkest moments)
final cut - final cut, gunners dream, 2 suns...
momentary lapse - sorrow, yet another movie
wall - all.. and hey you, confortably numb
dark side of the moon - time (my favourite guitar solo here)
and ummagumma live - careful with that axe eugene (i like it cos i can play the bass and even remember to the lyrics lol)

Hahaha he might 'do it good' or whatever but he wouldn't be in a position to 'do it good' without his immense success during the Waters era Floyd. ie. Dark Side Of The Moon and The Wall which was nearly all written by our Roger. Saying Waters is overrated and big-headed, then praising Gilmour is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Gilmours a good guitarist and singer but he's damn lucky to have been in a band with Waters otherwise you wouldnt even have heard of him, nevermind even speak his name alongside Rogers... what was his previous band called? 'Jokers Wild'? :Smug:
I also saw Waters on his last tour and all he had was a drummer, a couple of guitarists, 3 backing singers, his son playing keyboards and himself like. He played all his own songs that he'd either written or co-written, was amazing. He did not rely on a laser show or anything like that, it was just like watching a real band, mistakes and everything.
You say you 'choose Pink Floyd', it should be choose Pink Floyd PLC cos thats the only reason Gilmour got to keep the 'trademark'. Rick Wright isnt even in the band, he's on a wage like, but it looks good to keep up appearances to the fans eh? Pink Floyd have been a money driven farce since Waters went, and thats that :(

well.. im not praising gilmour, i said i prefer waters but i praise his playing, and at our waters show there was a huge stadium, movies projected on a big screen, lots of people on a big stage and all that 3D surround sound and so... and another thing: the poster! It said roger waters (with letters 5 cm high) from/previous member of Pink Floyd (this word with 30 cm big letters).. so from 2-3 meters you saw a pink floyd concert, and after all, noone would go there if its not like that. I really like his solo albums (i listen to them, and I dont listen to gilmours solo at all..) but they are far not as interesting as any PF was before, which was a Band anyway. And I dont belive in praising song-writers either. Its just a big part of the cake but not all. For me, the next 2 after-waters albums deserve the use of that band name. A matter of taste. ;)

i guess youre right bout the part that because he has been in PF, people are coming to his shows. but after all he made PF well known.

and uh, antimatter has as well a movie projected on a screen. thats not a lot of effort eh? tool use it as well, and samael. (just saying its not THAT special)

Mariner said:
i guess youre right bout the part that because he has been in PF, people are coming to his shows. but after all he made PF well known.

Spot on Pieter. Why the fuck do people go to Gilmour and Masons shows? Cos they got to use the name Pink Floyd that Waters turned into a household name with his songs. Oh, and they have a lovely light show for the kids haha.

ah. they always used the best stuff they could use for their recordings. otherwise people would say that 'they only after money, and they are already so rich, they even dont record it in the best way, rich bastards'