Line 6 toneport ux2 thoughts

XxSicRokerxX

Gabriel R.
Nov 25, 2010
Orange County, CA
i just bought the toneport ux2 for 80$ on craigslist.

What are your thoughts on it for any of you that have it?

-So far i think its nice, works great, only probably im having is when i have multiple tracks w several effects including IRs my CPU activity significantly increases causing everything to pop and crackle its quite annoying i don't think it did this before i had the toneport.

Also it comes with GEARBOX but i realized i cant use it as a VST plugin because i dont have the serial ACTIVATION KEY to activate it (i just have the disc) i can only use it as a standalone not as a plugin which sucks but whatever.

also is it possible to hear a complete MIX from one source?

I either have to select my soundblaster audio card or toneport, i can hear the MIX from my regular sound-card and only the GUITARS from the MONITORS on the toneport Or i can select toneport for everything and hear everything from the TONEPORT if i connect my speakers to the MONITOR to the TONEPORT is that what all of you? just not use the soundcard for anything and just the TONEPORT interface?

Computer soundcards suck ass, just connect your monitors to the toneport and be done with it. :lol:

Anyhow, I have one but it's only for scratch guitars and demos. I run it via the digital out into a profire 2626.

Mine (the red face one) did not come with the plugin, nor does it. You might be able to get podfarm for free though, got to check through the line 6 monkey app.