line 6 ux1 problem

zver

Dec 19, 2010
Macedonia
www.myspace.com
guys is it me or i have problem with this interface?! i cant get a full sound from it whatever i try to do:/ i have try with diferent cables with diferent guitar form my charvel from 98' to some of my friends washborn with emg and the sound is still wierd.does anyone have the same problem? im thinking of selling in and buy something else...

What amp sims are you using? Don't use Pod farm if you want something useful without having to tweak it to shit. Also is it the studio or the toneport interface? I've never had any trouble with the studio UX1, while it might eat your tone a bit it's not that bad really.

I don´t think buying another interface will solve your problem. Listen to what Splatt88 does with a Line6 interface and you will know that there´s nothing wrong with it.
May I ask how much time have you been on the this whole mixing thing?

well i have read one this forum maybe 1 and a half year and i have that custom search and i have read lot of stuffs on the forum and i searched for this think before i open this tread.and im doing this stuf that long and i know that some people get very good tone with this interface but i have seen many more that dont get i dont know what is wrong here is clip http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17200315/track.mp3
they are just with tss tse x30 with default settings and loaded with 2off-preshigh cab and hp and lp filter i know that they should sound thin and empty to sound good in the mix but this are so on treble and its very very thin and empty

the first clip i export the samples form one song and just create another project and i leave everything on 0db i dont mix like that and the guitar sounds empty and the dont sit in the mix :/

guys i download now some mixing practice project of this site and reamped the guitars trough revalver mkiii and they sound like they should be and im now sure that the problem is in the input :/ take a shot..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17200315/probna traka.mp3

why don't you use the same chain as in the mp3 example you showed us to compare it properly?

In any case, I see no problem on your original tone. It needs some tweak but it's ok.