listen to my 3 metal songs, i would like to read your opinions

a24710

New Metal Member
Jul 8, 2003
Visit site
i saw a guy posting here a link with a song he did asking for opinions, and i said "hey, i´ve got some songs too, and it would be nice to have opinions" so here is this post

http://usuarios.lycos.es/p4software/principal.htm

click "musica" on the left and then you´ll have access to 3 mp3´s i did a couple of years ago on the right of the page

i did all the instruments, drums & keyboards are done with impulse tracker, the rest of the instruments are real

the sound quality is not the same in all the songs
there is some death metal here and some doom, there are no voices, some day i´ll put some, maybe....

post your opinions here or send them to a24710@terra.es

p.d: don´t be too hard, i know there are some mistakes :p

please, tell me which of the 3 songs you listened so i can know which one you´re talking about

if you say it´s like cradle i guess is 14, but is just the beginning, then it turns more doom

i´ll listen to summer dying fast again to compare

Themazo 1.2 gives me Therion vibes with a splash of Iron Maiden. It sounded pretty untight the first minute or so, but your playing got progressively better during the song.

My favourite: Themazo 1.3 starts out with a riff that reminds me a lot of "Blinded by fear" (At the Gates), only not as aggressive. Pretty tight playing throughout. I like the melodic part at 4:00, even though it's suffering a bit in the tightness department. As it progresses on into the end of the song, it gives a really good feeling.

Themazo 1.4 feels a bit fragmented for some reason. I think it's because it mixes rhythms of very different speed a lot. It doesn't give me a solid impression. Plus, I'm allergic to blast beats so that may be one part of it.

'bane

well, what can i say.... you really matched my own thougths man :)

except in 1.4, in which i find really nice the speed changes

in 1.2 i was still learning how to use the impulse tracker and i didn´t have too much control over the timings, that´s the main cause why it sounds a little untight sometimes

1.3 the melodic part at 4:00 has a little mistake, the main guitar is ok, but the one (right guitar) which makes the secondary melody isn´t very good at all, i was tired at that point of the recording and i didn´t spend too much time writing it

in general i think the same as you, thx for the review sunbane

i would like to hear other people´s songs also, come on guys, post here links to your own creations

P.D: it would be really nice having a band, i really spent long hours writing every intruments in all the tracks, work sharing would be fucking great, hopefully i will form one in the next few months