Listen to my album

The best part about this is the band logo. It's a bit of an Opeth logo ripoff but still.

Reactions: Sophii
This is almost Voivod esque type stuff with how...I dont wanna say dissonant? Its certainly unique and I like it a lot!
Stone's last 2 albums had a lot of it going on as well.

This one Moonlight Dims Out is the most long-winded and minimalistic. It's about the Jungian moonless night, when you wonder if you've taken the right path in life. It's got the feeling of walking in a forest while the last red light of the moon disappears, leaving you in complete darkness. The chorus goes thru an evolution, becoming darker and heavier each time. It's also got a fast headbanger verse 2 (starting 2:54).

-

Last edited:
Hard to put these in order. I like that this has some slightly faster drummer, and I'm finding myself liking especially the blast beat bits, which is surprising as I've never been a huge blast beat fan. The silent melody part at 5:30 or so is nice. Reminds me of the intro to the first song.

Yeah with that section I tried to create the vision of the last moonlight fading away, almost apocalyptic. This song was intended to be the last song, but I figured it'd set a dark mood for the album if it comes earlier. This is the slowest.

Do you like funeral doom? Specifically, Esoteric?

Yeah Esoteric is good, I've one album from them. And stuff like Ahab - The Call of the Wretched Sea. Doom VS. And so much others.

You might take a liking to Churchburn then. Black, doom, lo-fi and beautiful solos from Dave Suzuki himself.

This one, Witch Grave, is the fastest, it's got an angry verse, heavy riff, malevolent chorus, a melodic interlude and transition, etc. It's got the feeling of a burned forest during cold rain, and it's about grudge of the past that keeps haunting from beyond the grave. Up your bass for this one and you get the intended live feel.

-

Last edited:
Reactions: <Arcane>
This one is the best so far, it's tight, fast with really good rythm sections and melodies . Others also have well written parts, but I'm rarely in the mood for such apocalyptic, chaotic black metal songs.

Witch Grave
Moonlight Dims Out or The Gutter
Cry of Ravaged Woods

So far

Maybe rj rl will also like this one. :)

Probably my favorite too. It's got more clear riffs / melodies, and a bit less of those atmospheric parts, but I like it. It's still very atmospheric though.

Your stuff reminds me so hard on old computer games... I don't know if it's the midi tone or the composing itself...

As soon as I cover all that Hexed stuff, send me your notes - I really want to know how it sounds with real guitars!

^I think it's both, because I try to create eerie and mysterious atmospheres with minimal effort into technical playing. I first hear an idea in my mind, then I try it out on the instrument! But it's near impossible to tell apart what each guitar is playing, even tho I've panned them 2/3 left and 2/3 right. Many of these sections are such you need all the instrument parts together for it to sound nice, they all serve a common purpose, instead of everything just following the lead guitar like a shadow, for example.

I always had a melodic idea, then I expanded it with harmony and bass, thinking where is the root, where is the lead and where is the harmony, just chordal interval stuff. I'd be ashamed how much single-notes I play (for the blackmetalish parts I do dyad stuff), but I discovered a way to meddle with interval theory that makes it sound strange and almost like there's a keyboard involved.

The verse of Witch Grave is one of the few instances where I use strange rhythm. That track gives a cool moshpit vibe when you've a powerful subwoofer. The chorus I think is pretty wicked. And it's quite a party with the speedy melody stuff. And that hammering riff at the first half I personally like.

I can't wait to let you hear the chorus of the title track, it comes from somewhere very deep.

Last edited:
As soon as I cover all that Hexed stuff, send me your notes - I really want to know how it sounds with real guitars!

I tell you what, once I've put all the 7 songs out, you can choose one and I'll send you the leads if you make a cover video. But it's not going to be a showcase of guitar virtuosity for you, so if you're not ashamed to play a simple song for video then let's do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: <Arcane>
I like this one better. If they are in guitar pro, I can try recording some guitars to see how it sounds too

I tell you what, once I've put all the 7 songs out, you can choose one and I'll send you the leads if you make a cover video. But it's not going to be a showcase of guitar virtuosity for you, so if you're not ashamed to play a simple song for video then let's do it.
Deal. And I'll let you chose the guitar tone. I'm sending you an example of a short riff in 10 different tones and you pick the one which pleases you the most.

Haha, yes! Some of the Doom 1 Soundtrack files are still in my film and video games playlist!

But thats not the original soundtrack.

This one's missing my all-time favourite (and all the others). Check out the DOOM95 mid. file

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/w5oer7vawokr236/AACIFARi5TvLJeoYXce276Ila?dl=0

Deal. And I'll let you chose the guitar tone. I'm sending you an example of a short riff in 10 different tones and you pick the one which pleases you the most.

Deal it is then. Given your sound, I might guess the song fitting would be either 4, 5 or 7. Let's see.