Listen to my album

This track Lycan has a feel of sudden nightfall, it's a metaphor for a man being consumed by bitterness and anger to the point of sorrow for realizing the only way out is suicide or revenge. Moon is the silver/feminine force unreachable to the man, something he desires but which can also decease him, as he feels a beast's heart pounding within him. So there is werewolf symbolism in this one. The whole idea started from a female synth choir I invented, but since I didn't use keyboard I used that melody as foundation to the riffs. This has howling tremolo melodies, blastbeat storm and a verse I invented that's pretty eerie.

-

Last edited:
This is my new favorite. The intro melody that gets repeated every now and then, is really good. The rhythm in it is a bit strange, but it's really dark and I just like it.

Will be interesting to hear these with vocals. Currently the song structures are kinda vague as you don't really know which parts are verses and choruses etc. since there are no vocals.

When it comes to videogame references, I can agree on this kind of approach to riffing: 0:39 - meaning I try to make stuff that's clearly moody even if simple, instead of machine-like technicality. And yeah, they had such stuff already on NES, when creativity was maximized with limited sounds. But I do come up with this actually on guitar, or, always meditating to hear an idea in my mind, then seeing how it's played on guitar. Tux comes into play when fitting two guitars over each other, hearing how the intervals sound together (and of course making drum tracks). The limiting factor is more to do with my low guitar skills, so it's only natural I have this approach.

-

This gonna become videogame metal? :D

Last edited:
Here's the title track, it's a tragic ballad. It's about the fall reminding you of an autumn many years ago when a loved one went into the forest and disappeared, leaving you with an intolerable mystery what happened to her and why she never returned / how she died. So it's about a lost/perished sibling or loved one and the haunting silence that returns every autumn. This one will have whispering and hissing vocals in the quiet sections on the first half, which will then erupt in agonizing screams with the blastbeats. The chorus has shamanic drums and melancholic melody, you get the sensation of a withered forest and crows flying around in the depressing dark.

-

This chorus I really love. Put some volume and boom when you listen.

Last edited:
The last song Wildfire has the atmosphere of forest fires approaching and incinerating everything. One moment it's lamenting the loss that leaves only blackened trees behind under starlit sky, then it's helpless, there's a rocking thrash riff and the ultra fast kick pedals give a sense of being in the presence of devouring flames.

The moon in the cover art was red because of wildfire smoke in the skies.

-

Last edited:
Not my favorite, but not bad. Favorite is still song #5 I think. As a whole I'd say the songs got better towards the end, but this might be me just getting used to your style and the sounds (My TG is older so the sounds are different).

I think we can conclude Hexed has better sounds than my Tux files and it's got more playing skill, but my album is way more atmospheric and creative, especially when you consider Knuckleduster isn't really from this album. Of course Silent Autumn is my 'something wild' with twice the age of COB guys when they made it, but with less than half of the musical education. Stylistically of course this is not bodom-metal at all. Just disappointed at the lack of comments now when I finally bring something on the table.

Last edited:
I enjoyed songs 4 & 6. It is atmospheric, you can tell what you’re trying to convey in each song. Overall, the album was a bit too atonal and stylistically repetitive to me. That’s not saying those are bad things, because there are tons of genres that benefit from that, and your songs seem like they do, but it’s not my cup of tea. To me, very few times was an actual key established, or a scale followed, which makes the songs seem less memorable. Too much dissonance. As far as being stylistically repetitive, what I mean is I feel there was only 2 kinds of “riffs”. There were 1) dissonant tremolo riffs of all tri tones and minor thirds, 2) slow ominous melody where all guitars stop, with the occasional cymbal hit in the background. I would look to employ some more “diverse” ideas in your music. But, it’s black metal, that’s kind of how black metal goes, so that may also just be my preferences speaking. Also, most chord changes seem to happen on quarter notes. Taking advantage of off beats, dotted notes, syncopation, can help establish different “grooves” throughout a song to differentiate the different parts and keep things interesting. With the amount of music and different styles you listen to I’m sure there’s more musical elements that could be added that you’re already thinking about. Clean guitar sections, simple chord progressions with a melody, harmonized dual guitars, bass solo sections (not actual solos, bass “riffs”), piano sections or melodies, even symphonic/orchestral stuff, I feel these could be incorporated fittingly and help to diversify your tracks and the riffs within them.

Reactions: P4T0U
I think we can conclude Hexed has better sounds than my Tux files and it's got more playing skill, but my album is way more atmospheric and creative, especially when you consider Knuckleduster isn't really from this album. Of course Silent Autumn is my 'something wild' with twice the age of COB guys when they made it, but with less than half of the musical education. Stylistically of course this is not bodom-metal at all. Just disappointed at the lack of comments now when I finally bring something on the table.

Well, to be honest from my perspective, I'm listening because I know you put in a lot of work and you feel strongly about your project. I listen to very little new music, if any. I dig the vibe and atmosphere that you created, but I personally don't like this type of music. The lack of real instruments also doesn't help. Being that this is a forum for COB, I'm guessing a lot of people here feel the same. You'd probably have more comments if your music was closer to COB's.

I'll be on the lookout for your collab with Arcane. Real instruments might give the music second life and different perspective for me. But I think you should try posting your album in other places, too.

Right now I'm struggling to put the videos together for full album video. iMovies only allows 10 minute video, and youtube has its own conditions for posting longer vids.

I enjoyed songs 4 & 6. It is atmospheric, you can tell what you’re trying to convey in each song. Overall, the album was a bit too atonal and stylistically repetitive to me. That’s not saying those are bad things, because there are tons of genres that benefit from that, and your songs seem like they do, but it’s not my cup of tea. To me, very few times was an actual key established, or a scale followed, which makes the songs seem less memorable. Too much dissonance. As far as being stylistically repetitive, what I mean is I feel there was only 2 kinds of “riffs”. There were 1) dissonant tremolo riffs of all tri tones and minor thirds, 2) slow ominous melody where all guitars stop, with the occasional cymbal hit in the background. I would look to employ some more “diverse” ideas in your music. But, it’s black metal, that’s kind of how black metal goes, so that may also just be my preferences speaking. Also, most chord changes seem to happen on quarter notes. Taking advantage of off beats, dotted notes, syncopation, can help establish different “grooves” throughout a song to differentiate the different parts and keep things interesting. With the amount of music and different styles you listen to I’m sure there’s more musical elements that could be added that you’re already thinking about. Clean guitar sections, simple chord progressions with a melody, harmonized dual guitars, bass solo sections (not actual solos, bass “riffs”), piano sections or melodies, even symphonic/orchestral stuff, I feel these could be incorporated fittingly and help to diversify your tracks and the riffs within them.

I have a lot to comment on this, when I have time to write.

^You won't. I have stuff to say about your points. When I've time.

I say if Witch Grave was made by COB, fans would be drooling and calling it the best thing since SNBN. I have the humble confidence to say that's a pretty fucking nice song. Even tho it's not my favourite. The two songs that are different to everybody else are Cry of Ravaged Woods and The Gutter. And I actually find it very hard to set any order of preference, I think all the 7 songs are gems. Also the chorus of Silent Autumn is a highlight.

Last edited:
Dude if it was made by COB the fans would call it the worst song in the history of songs. Maybe ever.

I've completed one of my new songs for the next album, it's darker and more atmospheric than anything ever. Taking it to next level. Holy shit. I'm presenting a whole new way to use bass for music and how to make harmony with guitars in a minimalistic but interesting way. Secret is it comes from the soul. I arranged a week holiday (no-pay) from work for this May just to squeeze this album out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ESA1996
To me, very few times was an actual key established, or a scale followed, which makes the songs seem less memorable

I think you may need to listen more times to feel the intended ideas, as there's no scale following. I really write what I hear in my head, without worrying about compositional richness. That said, I find scales limiting instead of helping. When I hear a melody or riff in my head it has to sound exactly like that or it's not delivering the feeling I intend. I just could not take away five notes out of the twelve available. Same goes for keys. I go by interval awareness.

Too much dissonance

It's just what it is because it sounds nice to me. I don't want to sort of dumb down ideas to make it easier to approach.

There were 1) dissonant tremolo riffs of all tri tones and minor thirds, 2) slow ominous melody where all guitars stop

I just don't see what else I would need to bring out the ideas.

...most chord changes seem to happen on quarter notes. Taking advantage of off beats, dotted notes, syncopation, can help establish different “grooves” throughout a song to differentiate the different parts and keep things interesting

Yeah that's right, I will try to do some weird stuff with note lengths and playing more "apart." Sometimes it works nicely when trying to marry two differently played things together. But I don't force out anything. I want to make ideas hypnotic so you could listen to them on repeat, and actually avoid too catchy rhythms. I just want to make stuff you could almost fall asleep to, and it's not possible with attacky rhythms... but I'll try to utilize on rhythms in a different way... to enrich the music, not to make it attacky (I'm just too old for that approach.)

...simple chord progressions with a melody

I haven't found a way yet to do it in a serving way. All I can think of is shifting the minor chord and playing tremolo with the other, but it was done by Burzum and it would be pointless to imitate someone else.