Ideal Place/Situation to listen to Opeth's albums

in limbow

wobmil ni
Sep 9, 2005
United States
What is the perfect place to hear them all? I know the whole "forest imagery" thing is trite, but face it, Opeth goes well with forests.

I'd say:
Orchid- a forest in mid-afternoon, with the sun slightly shining through the tall trees
Morningrise- like a continuation of Orchid, at sunset and in the dark of night in a forest
My Arms Your Hearse- Anywhere in the rain, by an ocean perhaps, in the middle of the day but it's raining and cloudy
Still Life- In an old little medieval village with dirt roads and wooden houses surrounded by woods
Blackwater Park- maybe in a huge garden at midnight
Deliverance- An old house with tall cielings and in a dark dungeon or while going down a long circular staircase to a fiery pit
Damnation- I'm not just saying this because of Windowpane, but looking out the window in a little tiny (log?) house isolated from society while it's snowing or raining, with a roaring fireplace beside you
Ghost Reveries- Actually, I don't really know what to say for this one... the whole album doesn't really remind me of any specific scenery or place with the exception of Atonement, which goes back to Orchid's forest in the afternoon thing

honey_bucket.JPG

shit thread. seriously, it's music. the point is that the music creates this imagery; no matter where you are, Orchid should make you feel that you are in a forest, Still Life should transport you to the past, as one of the citizens, watching that poor cunt die.

Me, personally, if I were walking through a forest, I'd be there because I want to surround myself in the serenity which comes with it. blah blah blah blah.

Or, a portaloo would be the ideal place. awesome.

orchid - in a snowy village by a lake, viewing an avalanche.
morningrise - miles and miles away from that snowy village in a more dry yet lesser populated area...at night..by a lake.
my arms your hearse - on a bridge between that previous land and the next, a canyon.
still life - on the other side. in a dirt area...I think I'll play in the sand and build a castle.
blackwater park - you guessed it...the woods that's right. On a rainy, bleak day next to a tree.
deliverance - I think I'll return to that canyon for a bit and sit by the edge.
damnation - Sitting on my ass in my grandmother's old shed.
ghost reveries - it's about 10 pm in my grandmother's shed...I bust out the acid...I start visualizing a david gilmour, steve wilson, mikael akerfeldt, robert fripp, adam jones, nick drake tea party...

Opeths music does conjure the best imagery, thats of the reasons I love it so

I really enjoy lying in bed just listening to it. I often put all song on shuffle go to bed and sleep with opeth pumping loud for like 1 h in the afternoon. I find opeth very relaxing:p

Ideally it would be through a set of really nice Grado headphones, but baring that, I find it quite relaxing to work/design while listening to Opeth.

Others where I work find this very un-nerving to walk up to someone who is supposed to be quietly concentrating working on a project, but is actually listening to "Advent" or whatever...

In a funeral with Epilogue, For Absent Friends and Ending Credits as background music!

Seriuos now. If you are in the mood, I guess there is no proper place to listen to Opeth. It can be everywhere.