Albums with atmosphere/imagery

Emporer-Anthems...Hiding behind rocks, on a cool dark night, looking upon an evil horde, about to attack an unsuspecting medieval village.
Insomnium-Since the day it all came down...finding a dead body on a bleak wet afternoon, and scared shitless, running through the woods not knowing what the hell to do about it.
Katatonia-Brave Murder Day...being at a funeral of a loved one, and wanting to scream.
Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans...being on a dark ocean with no clue where you're headed.
Bethlehem-Dictus Te Necare-locked in an old barn, at dusk, with no way out.
Edge of Sanity-Crimson...Dimly lit cave
Opeth-Deliverance...having hazy vision in a dark house with spirits everywhere.
Guns n Roses-Appetite......living in a trailer park in the south, and the hick neighbors , with beer in hand , knock on the door and "hey man, GnR rule ....wanna do my sister after me?"

well, this is different, because stuff HAPPENS, and what i posted isn't so much music, like you would call other stuff music. This is stuff that is basically "sound" that has a big affect on how you feel and what you think, if you listen to it alone in the dark. that's why it's different, and i put the spoiler tag. It's easy to pull a trey when you're absolutely ignorant in so many ways to whatever it is you find funny or rediculous, but i prefer to make sure i know what i'm talking about before i try to "hack".

I went hiking along a river yesterday for 3 straight hours.

It was a mountainous area (pretty dry land with some bushes and trees here and there) and after a long walk I reached an amazing waterfall. Just then it started to snow.

I cant really describe how amazing the scene was, but it was a perfect imagery of "Agalloch - The Mantle". I sat there listening to the album and enjoyed every second of it. :headbang:

Trey Parker said:
nah you're just a loser who takes music too seriously. you're basically a puss

nah you're just a puss who's never taken the right kind of music seriously. Basically you're ignorant. You haven't even heard that yet, have you? or tried listening to it the way i said to? doesn't matter, even if you did it wouldn't work for you. You don't take music seriously enough. :p

normally i'd get all intellectual, but mostly i agree. i like music for its good sound and good lyrics. message and meaning as well. not because of some abstract concepts i experience alone in the dark

Trey Parker said:
well i dont give a shit about lyrics whatsoever. i've heard "one" by metallica like 11,000 times and i'm still not sure what hetfield is saying. dont care

"Hold my breakfast I wish for tea, oh please God help mee-ah!"

I think Ive posted in this thread and cant be bothere checking.

Depeche Mode - Songs of faith and devotion - Gives me scenes of sitting in a city apartment as the clubs and traffic passes outside, drinking vodka as you contemplate the loved one who has recently left you. Needless to say its not on my playliste very often.

Pink Floyd - Meddle. Sitting in a field somewhere warm,close to a spiritual being, or higher form of existance. Then in the end ascentding to a spiritual place where I dont worry of get anxious.

Trey Parker said:
nah i listen to music for good music and good riffs and shit like that. don't care to get into some out-of-body homoerotic phase by just listening to some Iced Earth album or whatever, i just want to like what i'm hearing

well that's a shame. I listen to music just because too, but sometimes i want more, i want to see what music is actually capable of. I guess you've just never had that kind of ambition. Also, Iced earth would never do that to you. Too straight forward, too predictable, too "hi i'm in your face".

Whilst I was gladthat this threadgot bumped because its a great music reccomend thread I am somewhat dissilusioned by it thus far.

Mumblefood: Everyone feels things things differently, you can't spoil music because until you've heard it youdon't know what it'll sound like, has someone ever described a song to you so much that you've sat and listened to it and known what it sounds like before you've heard it? of course not, relax man:)

Trey Parker : you apparently seem to think that its not ok for people to listen to music for differnt reasons to you... I expect that if you were given a band the first thing you write would be "The Real Trey Parker"