Beautiful acoustic folk music anyone?

....what a beautiful track!

I must hear more; I can already tell if the other tracks are like the one you have presented of the band here, then this will easily turn out to be another band I'll grow fond of.

Seriously, there's alot of emotion within that tune - love it!

i used to be aquaintinces with the guy behind october falls. he sent me a few copies of the album, in which i ripped onto the computer...it is indeed good. i still dont hear much Opeth in it...but it does indeed sound a lot like acoustic ulver material...

i can send tracks to people who are interested.

bangadrian said:
the style/atmosphere was nice, but i thought the song needed some stronger hooks. it was a little zoloft-ish for me.
The Zoloft factor is one of the reasons I like October Falls, clears my mind very well.

Holy shit! Reefs is truly remarkable music. Out of the four songs I have heard now, this is easily my favourite one. Of course, they are all amazing.

And yeah, considering I love Ulver, it's no doubt I REALLY embrace these guys. Alot of ulver in them, but yeah, not much opeth i say.

That site was pretty cool.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i didnt realize he put a 2nd album out. i just ordered it from dark horizon records. hopefully its as good as the last one...if not better.
Yeah, the new album is great.

October Falls was the first thing that popped into my head after reading the thread title. I have Tuoni and it's excellent.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i didnt realize he put a 2nd album out. i just ordered it from dark horizon records. hopefully its as good as the last one...if not better.

I pmd u my address for those linda perhacs mp3's you said ud send me, but they never came.

I've been looking for something like this for quite sometime.. thank you for sharing. Anyone know of anything similar besides Ulver? Not too big into black metal... But maybe I should give them a chance.

Alternative 3 said:
I pmd u my address for those linda perhacs mp3's you said ud send me, but they never came.

ah, i just found your email address...it just never notified me that i had a PM, and i never bother to check unless i get a notification. ill send them to you today.

Not very related.. but somewhat related. The UPS man brought me Buckethead - Electric Tears today. Very mellow, relaxing, and talented Buckethead.

I too have been looking for music like this. I've heard October Falls before (got the free songs on their website) but they never really made much of a lasting impression on me. I'll have to think of them more often, perhaps.

I typed October Falls into Audioscrobbler and it gave me this list of artists that people who listen to October Falls also listen to:

http://www.audioscrobbler.com/explore/?artistname=october+falls

A few that I recognize are:
O.H.M (they sound sort of like Tool, not folk at all)
Caedmon (definitly folk, but not foresty sounding)
Agalloch (which I'm sure you're all familiar with to an extent)
Nest (but only from the Agalloch/Nest split EP)

Some of those other bands may be worth looking into...